• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you happy with your Video Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Are you happy with your video card?

• I have a really old card and I hate it

Votes: 65 5.3%
  • I have a really old card and its OK

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • I have a really old card and I love it :)

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • I have a mid-range card and I hate it

Votes: 54 4.4%
  • I have a mid-range card and its OK

Votes: 291 23.6%
  • I have a mid-range card and I love it :)

Votes: 217 17.6%
  • I have a high-end card and I hate it

Votes: 18 1.5%
  • I have a high-end card and its OK

Votes: 139 11.3%
  • I have a high-end card and I love it :)

Votes: 328 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Forums Super Moderator
stratcatprowlin said:
I wanted to know how many of you guys and gals are actually happy with the performance of your video cards.

Low to high end cards included.

I ask this because I found I am generally not happy with my video cards But I have had only low to mid range cards.Sometimes I go nuts because a game doesnt play smoothly.

Anyone care to share their experiences?

r9700pro and I love it.

Though its hobbling along on its last lag with a half broken crutch holding it up (pally 1800+), it has treated me well for quite some time, and kept me on the top of the gaming performance curve despite my marginal-at-best CPU and pc2100 RAM.

I don't think I could ever go back to having just a marginal card for any extended period of time. I have considered unloading this and reverting to my voodoo5 temporarily until the next gen is in a decent price range and I jump into 939.

Would I spring for $300+ on another card? In a heartbeat. If you think about it, by the time the 9800 got down to $200 and was a real deal, and someone buys it - they had like what? Maybe 3 months before the next gen comes and blows it out of the water completely? I'm glad I got my card when I did, and I'm very happy with the performance its given me. :)

I have a mid-range card and its OK, it will hold me out until i get a new card for h2 :D

I have the crappiest of the crap right now... but... i love it. its enough to run older d3d games like UT at good frame rates and it doesnt have a super loud high pitch mosquito fan on it.
I miss my 9800. I can vote also for having a high end card and loving it ^^.

sadly, my next buys wont be a high end video card, but a new core for my system. or, a replacement for my old oc machine i guess <_<

i'm waiting for the next gen cards to come out so i can get a used 9800 pro cheap :)my current ti4800 will be goin into the alt-mod i'm planning...for LANs.

5900xt ... mid-range or?

I love that card, and I have yet to see its full power in most of todays games because the rest of my system is kind of a bottleneck for it.
I cannot spend as much money as I want to on computerparts so I hope it will be able to serve me well for the next two maybe three years.

5900se

Gotta say that even though i cant oc it too high, its not the fastest card on the market, or that it runs hot on stock cooling, i like it. It was a small improvement over my 4200, and sometimes AF is worth it, like in the game ballistics. But i plan on keeping this card for a good while.

I've gone through a 9500np (softmodded successfully and then voltmodded), a 9800np (that overclocked like a whipped beast thanks to 2.86ns sammy ram) and now a 9800Pro (with the XT core and PCB, now running even faster :) ).

I absolutely love the card, and couldn't imagine playing on my older Ti4200 or even GF3 Ti200 now. If I couldn't see FarCry in all it's killer glory, I'd be rather unhappy ;)

I have a MSI GeForce 4 ti 4200 128 meg card and I love it. It plays everything I wanna play just fine.

Also have a TNT2 Magic 64 meg card in my other rig and it plays games not to bad for an older card

Asus V8420S (Superfast....uhh that's what the S stands for, Ti4400/4600 layout, 3.3ns memory).

Currently I'm #4 @ ORB with my Celeron and Ti4200 (Going for #1 :D ), as I'm not a hardcore gamer you could say I'm happy.

Ti4600 (assuming high-end...it beats out all the FX series except teh 5900, and well, of course the 6800)

I love it though. Won't be upgrading until the two new ones from ATI and Nvidia are around $250

Sorry Mu, but the Geforce4 Ti can't really be considered high end anymore. After all there have been like 4 different generations of high end cards since the 4600 came out which all surpass the 4600's performance(the 9700, the 5800, the 5900, and the 9800Pro and XT).

The 4600 would be mid-end like the 9600XT and 9500Pro.

As for me my low-end 8500 is serviceable, I do want a new card, but I am quite happy with this one until I can afford a new one.

This poll should be redone in a week or so, as all the NVIDIA 5900/ATI9800 etc. will be mid-range by then.................................

Wouldn't the R9700's and r9800's be in the mid-range now?.. after seeing the R800Pro/XT in action.. it makes it look that way :p...

and i do know that its about "What we currently own".. but still... the R800 etc knock all your cards down to Mid-Range, or even lower now that those r9700/R9800's are mid-range cards now...

Currently I have a 9600XT at 590/310 and I am happy with it, I wouldn't say that I love it but I am happy. I can run Far Cry at high settings without any problems, but I hear how great the 9800 pro is and some of the benchmark scores I plan to upgrade in the next few months to a 9800 pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back