• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guide for my airflow in my casing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sor

Registered

aerocoolED by Lolipopeer, on Flickr

this is my fan case that i put up
3 Aerocool Shark 120mm / 1 as Intake at the front / other 2 at the top and rear for Exhausting
1 Thermaltake Case fan that came with the case at the bottom Intaking air
basicly 2 intake 2 exhaust

now i installed new 212 EVO should i retain the fans all the same?(some ppl say put the top as Intake)

212 EVO CM by Lolipopeer, on Flickr

Guide me =)

its bugging me that other people ask me to change the top to exhaust so that 212 evo fan will get the new fresh air from outside

anyway its ok now i think

thanks for the help guys

Watch your temps if they are good I would leave them as they are. But if you want to experiment. Play around a little. I see a grill at the top of your case that is not being used. Their things you could try. Block it off and see if the temps. change. Sometimes it will change air direction and make things better or worse. You could also add another fan and see if it helps or hurts. I have on some cases made cardboard temp-lets of case side panel and cut hose for fans and/or vents and monitored temps. When I got the best results I cut the panel using the temp-let and it worked well.

Making the front top fan an exhaust is traditional, but the air it draws may be heated by the motherboard components before it gets to your cpu cooler.

I recomment you try covering the rear top fan position and turning the forward top fan to intake. That will bring cooler air to the area in front of your cpu heatsink. Measure the temps. Whichever way gets you better temps, go with that.

Although we can predict the results of airflow, there are so many variables that the only way to know the results is to test various setups.

Back