• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I AM 1337 (12 x 10 x 6 Plexi Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, I wish I could fit all my junk in a cute little case like that. My new sever case that I ordered is about 25 inches high, and my water cooled rig is 21” not including the res.

What type of motherboard does this use? Couldnt you use a 1u or a smaller one and put that on the bottom and place the harddrive on the top of that-
Spyder

That weighs less than my fat cat. And does more too. :D

It really does look great, I like the exposed ROM drive, and like someone said, modding your HDD with a window would be sweet. :beer:

nice i red colour board from msi would really be great in that... nice showcaseing ur comp so kewl and so jelous i havent dont any case mods to make it look cool yet well got to start some time lol

The power supply arrived yesterday, and it's a little louder than I thought it would be. Oh well.

The Hard disk drive won't be getting a window for quite some time. When I do feel like adding one I'll only be able to make a small one because of how utterly compact the tiny thing it. It's about the size of a package of baseball cards.

Here's the only adhered area on the drive cover where a window MIGHT fit.

HDD_Window.jpg

I don't think my hands are steady enough to make such a tiny mod... :)

The Spyder said:
What type of motherboard does this use?

Micro ATX Soyo SY-7VCM Socket 370
I'll be upgrading to a Mirco ATX Socket A motherboard in the fall

The Spyder said:
Couldnt you use a 1u or a smaller one and put that on the bottom and place the harddrive on the top of that-
Spyder

Huh? If you're referring to a Power Supply, there's no place to put a 1U power supply without it totally screwing up cooling efficieny. I left the PSU external so I can upgrade it to a Morex DC-DC convertor (once I find one).

m/b mount

great job... i have an idea, instead of painting the m/b mounting plate like some of the other guys suggested, how about clear plastic like the rest of the case. Just open a hole behind the cpu to let the heat out and not warp or burn the plastic... I think that would like kool.....

Charlie:D

1. Your ATX PSU isnt plugged in
2. I wouldnt have that deskstar upside down.... they generate a LOT, I mean a LOT of chip heat. I put a damn cut up Pentium heatsink on the controller chip, and without airflow it got hot enough to burn by finger (I have my HDD upside down for two reasons, heat and the fact that an inch high heatsink is epoxied to it.)

Re: m/b mount

64Thunderbolt said:
...how about clear plastic like the rest of the case. Just open a hole behind the cpu to let the heat out and not warp or burn the plastic... I think that would like kool.....

NOT as easy as it sounds. It would involve alot of precision cutting and heat-warping of some acrylic. Both of which I do not feel like doing.

And the deskstar hard drive (as stated before) is a 2.5" laptop hard drive that produces no noticable heat or noise. It's sitting on a custom made dampening pad.

And the PSU hadn't arrived yet when I too those pictures. I'm using an external PSU at the moment. All will be explained as soon as the next set of pictures is done...

New pics up tomorrow (yay!)

My birthday is coming up soon and I'm hoping to upgrade one of the two machines. I'd like to squeeze a Athlon XP 1700, AX-7, 512MB PC2100 DDR and an Asus A7n266-VM in this thing if I can...
13-131-305-01.JPG

The last piece of the puzzle is to find out the exact dimensions of a Geforce 4 Ti 4400 to make sure it's less than 10 inches long...

The rest is just icing on the cake. I'm hoping to fit my main PC into this tiny clear box. Subjegating all of my spare parts into the larger computer. This will make my life so much more entertaining.
When I want to play somewhere else in the house I won't have to move a heavy monitor or PC, and I'll be able to hook-up to the big screen TV if I get a scan convertor.

Last edited:
NEW PICS!!!!!

mod_ingram1.jpg

mod_ingram2.jpg

mod_ingram3.jpg

The 1U power supply is sitting on the right hand side.

Here's what the hard drive plate looks like when the hard drive is active...
mod_hdd.jpg

And here's the mouse I modded to match...
mod_mouseO1.jpg

mod_mouseO2.jpg

It's currently using an $8 monitor I snatched at a thrift store, but I'm about to strike a deal on an LCD controller so I can get my DIY LCD monitor built.

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!

Hey Captain...
Nice work.. got a question, in the second photo of your first post, whats plugged into your HD.. I see something between the drive and the ribbon cable...

Thanks
Charlie :beer:

As stated before, I'm using a laptop hard drive. so in order to connect it to IDE I had to use a 44-to-40 pin adapter.

Back