• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Many Times Has MS Been Sued?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How to run a tech company in America: 101...

Start company, fail at company because your a lousy business person, sue successful business over a patent you didnt even know you have (or some extremely loose interperitation of a patent).

Just goes to prove what i've said for years, that the American dream is no longer starting a business and making a life your yourself...its suing the poor ******* who did and living easy

Lost count........... What? i only have so many fingers and toes and then i gotta goto the next person.

How many times has Microsoft been sued, isn't that a bit like asking how many times Windows 98 crashed, how many times someone has activacted WindowsXP or what came first the chicken or the egg :D

I think the EU survives on the money they steal from them alone - we europeans would all be in the third world without frivalous lawsuits against them

MS hasn't paid a penny yet to the EU, but one could say they stole billions over the years with their monopoly.
MS broke the law, and is refusing to pay the fines for it. Tough luck.
If you want to do business somewhere, you gotta respect the local laws, no matter what it is. MS could always say "we won't sell products in the EU anymore". There would be many many people very happy about such a statement.

PS: the EU itself has a budget of around 100 billion EUR per year. so don't say 0,3% makes or breaks the EU

I wonder if Microsoft will start its own law school soon just to train people to work for them. Seriously when Microsoft stops being sued I think Hell will freeze over.

klingens said:
MS hasn't paid a penny yet to the EU, but one could say they stole billions over the years with their monopoly.
If you want to do business somewhere, you gotta respect the local laws, no matter what it is. MS could always say "we won't sell products in the EU anymore". There would be many many people very happy about such a statement.

PS: the EU itself has a budget of around 100 billion EUR per year. so don't say 0,3% makes or breaks the EU
where are you getting this .3%? I didnt see any numbers mentioned here. And why are we talking about EU? the people suing are in Texas which last I checked was one of ours states...

perhaps yall are thinking of the thread I post just below this one, which is incredibly absurd (just as, if not more so than this one )

klingens said:

... thanks for correcting me, and heres me thinking the EU was really funded by MS :rolleyes:

The EU is a double edged sword, as a result of it many countries have benifited but at the cost of giving up their own econamy and independance.

There is a mathematical formula to figure out how many people will sue Microsoft each year. (Days in the year)*(Patents filed)+(The #of digits in pi).

Back