• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium D 945 vs. Conroe E6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

I know all the differences in specs, those are available anywhere, but does any know what the actual performance difference will be (at stock speeds, obviously)? The 945 will be $20 less than the E6300...

Sorry man, you can't really ask this for a little while. Although a couple people may have had them as ES's, you really need a retail comparison.

The whole point though is that it will be better architecture and, for the most part, a better chip overall. Just spend the extra 20 bill.

shaking_ground said:
The whole point though is that it will be better architecture and, for the most part, a better chip overall. Just spend the extra 20 bill.

Seconded

vey much so, itd be as if the 6300 were to hold the 945 to the ground and make it take it haha.... the pure processing power that is....

Everyone is hasty to say that the e6300 will kill the 945, but im not so sure. I thought i read that the conroe was 30% faster than a pressler at the same speed. Im not sure that 30% will be able to make up for the extra 1.5ghz that the pressler has.

The 945 comes with a free space heater. I say go for the 945 because you get a CPU + a free heater built in to your pc....not to mention it is $20 less then what a real CPU would cost.

im gona go 940 cant afford to upgrade the rest of me kit - i hope with a good oc i can get close to the 6300 if not next year i will go the conroe way

The E6300 would be a better buy, unless you're somehow stuck with a board that doesn't support Core?

Unless new info comes up conroes appear to be Ocing well so i'd say its the better buy at this point.

shaking_ground said:
Sorry man, you can't really ask this for a little while. Although a couple people may have had them as ES's, you really need a retail comparison.

no one gets a es6300 that would be stupid people who get es get higher end ones

Back