• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

complete Sega Dreamcast system - $20 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rayik

complete Sega Dreamcast system - $20 shipped - at ebgames.com

ebgames.com is selling sega dreamcast system with 1 controller (and power cord + video cord) for $20 including shipping.

See This to its off the same site

Pick 15 dreamcase games for $50

So $20 for the system and another $50 for 15 games for a total of $70 for a decent system with games so you dont get bored to fast

id say thats a deal

Im thinking about picking both of them, cant go wrong for that cheap

yeah i have a dreamcast and approximately 45 games. I used to play it all the time but now it sits in the living room and i let my nephews play soul calibur on it, because i don't trust them with the PS2

Muahaha!

This is an awesome system. I definitley think you should get it. I already have it but may buy it anyway.

I'll remember that for games, they have 15 games for 50 bucks which isn't bad at all. I've still only got like 3 or 4 games for my Dreamcast, but I don't play that often. (Probably b/c I don't have many games. :) )

I looked at the games. The only one I like is time stalkers. I don't think any of the rest are any good =p

I ordered the system and 2 games - hydrothunder and Rush 2049. It arrived in 2 days. System and controls look mint.

Problem is it doesn't work and I'm not sure if it's the system or cds.

Hydrothunder loads and runs - but only on 1 of the 3 tracks initially available. It crashes if you select the other 2 tracks (and always in the same way). There is a 1/2 inch sratch on disc near the outer edge. The scratch is from the label side. I think that might be the problem.

Rush 2049 just plan doesn't work. It will boot to a screen telling you to proceed wihtout a memory card. Hit start and off it goes. Black screen with high pitched sound. The disc itself looks really funny. Label side is intact. However, from the bottom there is a milky white discoloration that is irregular in size and takes up 1/2 the disc (from outer edge to inside).

I guess I'll have to get a dc disc from somewhere that I know works and try it.

It does have a 30 day warranty and the customer service rep I spoke with told me to return whatever I want for an exchange. They are sending me a pre-paid mailer for the return. So ebgames is standing behind it.

Last edited:
Soul Calibur was (and still is) one of the sweetest and smoothest fighting games of all time. Though I love the new SC2 for gamecube ... kicking butt with Link as a character is a definite cool addition.

And on an unrelated topic, I just bought a Genesis 16bit off eBay today for $10 plus shipping, including 2 controllers, NBA Jam T.E., Sonic 2, and Aladdin. Ahhh, the memories .... :D

PerlAddict said:
Soul Calibur was (and still is) one of the sweetest and smoothest fighting games of all time. Though I love the new SC2 for gamecube ... kicking butt with Link as a character is a definite cool addition.

And on an unrelated topic, I just bought a Genesis 16bit off eBay today for $10 plus shipping, including 2 controllers, NBA Jam T.E., Sonic 2, and Aladdin. Ahhh, the memories .... :D

That's a pretty good deal.

I lost so many hours playing dead or alive on that system freshman year of college... me and my roomate would battle all the time and we were always almost exactly as good as eachother. Fun fun.

The dreamcast has a good game here and there... My favorites were tony hawk, dead or alive (I think it was 2), and some tennis game that was the best tennis game I've ever played. That's all that comes to mind right now.

This is a real deal I think though just if you can get those games with it.

And hell, you can mod em to make little dreamcast computers :p
Not only that, but the homebrew dev scene is very mature for it. You'll find a bunch of good homebrew games.

That's a smoking deal. I had sooo many memories iwth DC. I remember I bought my DC form a kid at school for $200 and with 3 games (resident evil code veronica, Soul Calibur, and Sonic Adventure). And then I got into the Homebrew scene over at dcemulation.com and I was sooo attached to that system and burned soo many emulators and had friends play along. Wow, the feeling of playing nba2k1 online with other people, and being able to surf the net. That system was sooo ahead of it's time. WHat killed it was that it came out too early :( Too many people were waiting for ps2 O well. Good times.

20 dollars for dreamcast is insane, are they really that out of demand? theyre freakin awesome.

Man i always used to play this at my friends house....ahh the memories.

i might just have to pick one up

Can you use dreamcast to play VCDs or even DiVx with special software? anyone know if thre are any homebrew projects out like that for DC?

Back