• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build, first WC system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RipsawLegacy

Registered
My new builds specs are going to be
HAF X
Corsair 1200i
16GB Vengence low profile
Rampage IV Extreme
i7 3930k
Noctua NH D14
Dual 690
And some cannibalized storage

Im on the fence with WC and if I decide against it, that will be the completed system.
However if I go for WC I will be buying a CaseLabs Magnum T10 Case.

Mainly I want to have a silent system that I can overclock.I know RAM doesn't need WC, but should I get a Mobo block?Does the tubing erode over time?
I would like to have fan controller also so I can have the system be as silent as possible during idle.
I want a safe system beyond anything, Ive heard of leak sensors in mention but Im not sure how those work nor how reliable they are. Ive also heard that compression fittings are the best for reliability. Im not sure if there are any guide lines beyond that however.

Also Im not too sure on the components, It seems like I would need 2 Quad 120 Rads but beyond that I'm unsure.

I apologize that this guide rings with "Hold my hand please". And I doubt I organized any of this well.

Please start with the YELLOW stickies at the top of this subforum.

Fan controller is secondary to any system.

No such thing as leak sensors. Never seen one and never will. Been at this for 6 years now.

Compression fittings are no better than barbs. People like thier bling. I been using barbs since day one.

Please begin at the stickies, and reading 20-30 full beginning to end posts. Start your knowledge and research. CYA in a week or so.

I would like to make some suggestion to the parts you have pick out
Caselab Magnum T10 is an overprice case doesn't worth spending $$$$
Instead try Mountain Mods Ascension CYO

http://www.mountainmods.com/CYO_picker.php?casnu=Ascension

This case is cheaper plus, you have more option to upgrade than the T10
And you don't need a mobo block at all, but if you want one than go for it but your system will look less pretty because you will have loops running everywhere.
If you change out water/ coolant every 6 to 8 month you tubing will not be corrosive.
Tubing that i use is
PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 1/2"id x 3/4"od
71tFMGS4E3L._SL1280_.jpg

PrimoChill Pure Intensified Performance Coolant
61FXC0rIu7L._SL1280_.jpg

I strongly recommend you do some more research before you go in to water cooling, some time if you not careful, water may leak and you could ruin your pc

Compression fittings are no better than barbs. People like thier bling. I been using barbs since day one.

Please begin at the stickies, and reading 20-30 full beginning to end posts. Start your knowledge and research. CYA in a week or so.

:thup: +1
Although i would like to say that if the op could afford all of that high end parts and a super expensive Caselab T10 then a few compression fitting would not hurt his wallet. infact i was about to recommend Koolance quick disconnect to the op

61FXC0rIu7L._SL1280_.jpg

I strongly recommend you do some more research before you go in to water cooling, some time if you not careful, water may leak and you could ruin your pc

ASUS ROG, what the heck is that funny stuff you have a big pic of? I will never ever tell anyone here to use such stuff and I don't think many of our members will either.

:thup:

No such thing as leak sensors. Never seen one and never will. Been at this for 6 years now.

Actually there are from Koolance but not sure how accurate they are and how messy it will be for cable management. Too early for those imo.

ASUS ROG, what the heck is that funny stuff you have a big pic of? I will never ever tell anyone here to use such stuff and I don't think many of our members will either.

:rofl: Agree. Waste of money. I learned from my mistakes $40 later.

Give me a good reason why i shouldn't use that product?
Oh and you don't have to write in red, it hurt my eyes
Contributing editor Alex Castle of Maximum pc magazine have recommend me to use that product back when i first start water cooling my pc and i have been using that produce ever since, work awesome, a little expensive but i'm willing to pay $14 a bottle

um that is sarcasum right?... I don't get american sarcasum...

No, not joking here, one of the editor of Maximum pc magazine have recommend me to use premix coolant back in 2010 when i first start water cooling my pc and i trust the guy because he's the editor of a respectable pc magazine.
It like here you would trust a senior member because of their knowledge.

Distilled water and biocide is the best performing liquid. Everything else is just overpriced, overhyped and unnecessary.

In a world where radiators and blocks were made from dissimilar metals (aluminum and copper), premixed solutions worked better because they prevented corrosion.

With most watercooling kit being made from copper and brass (and nickel plated variants), the need for a corrosion inhibitor has disappeared.

Furthermore, premixed solutions with dyes in them may eventually gum up the internal workings of blocks due to the dyes settling out of the solution.

Yes, you can use those premixes, but you're only buying into the hype. And if you're using it for bling, you're better off using coloured tubing instead.

Edit: As for the non-conductive properties of these liquids, that all disappears once the liquid becomes ionized from contact with the metals in the loop.

Distilled water and biocide is the best performing liquid. Everything else is just overpriced, overhyped and unnecessary.

In a world where radiators and blocks were made from dissimilar metals (aluminum and copper), premixed solutions worked better because they prevented corrosion.

With most watercooling kit being made from copper and brass (and nickel plated variants), the need for a corrosion inhibitor has disappeared.

I'm pretty busy, got 2 jobs, wife and 2 kids so i just want something convenient, and l have no problem paying $25 every 6 to 7 months for 2 bottle of premix coolant.

Asus, I as well did for the first 6 months wasted $40 on the clear stuff. It's a bit gewy and once I went with the distilled + coil which was all under $5 I was amazed AND my temps were better. I believe you bringing it up on what you're using could tell of a newbie who comes by and reads this thread as its ok and possibly the standard but we all like to remind folks that our standard is distilled and coil. No worries.

Asus, I as well did for the first 6 months wasted $40 on the clear stuff. It's a bit gewy and once I went with the distilled + coil which was all under $5 I was amazed AND my temps were better. I believe you bringing it up on what you're using could tell of a newbie who comes by and reads this thread as its ok and possibly the standard but we all like to remind folks that our standard is distilled and coil. No worries.

:thup: OK understand you lound and clear :D

I pay a dollar every 6 months.

:salute: :thup:

I would like to make some suggestion to the parts you have pick out
Caselab Magnum T10 is an overprice case doesn't worth spending $$$$
Instead try Mountain Mods Ascension CYO

http://www.mountainmods.com/CYO_picker.php?casnu=Ascension

This case is cheaper plus, you have more option to upgrade than the T10

Why are you knocking on CaseLabs? Do you own one? have you assembled one?
I'm sorry but just cause it costs more does not mean someone shouldn't buy one. But you will pay $60.00 a GALLON for fluid? :facepalm: Also where does the T10 lack in upgrade options?:bs:

@opIF you want info on CaseLabs cases, I own one.
Exceptional build quality, I've never encountered a pc case that did NOT have something wrong with it, until I assembled my STH10. Not one single hole was misaligned, not one screw crossthreaded.

If you need or want more info just ask.
P.S. Get the casters.

Last edited:
Why are you knocking on CaseLabs? Do you own one? have you assembled one?
I'm sorry but just cause it costs more does not mean someone shouldn't buy one. But you will pay $60.00 a GALLON for fluid? :facepalm: Also where does the T10 lack in upgrade options?:bs:

@OPIF you want info on CaseLabs cases, I own one.
Exceptional build quality, I've never encountered a pc case that did NOT have something wrong with it, until I assembled my STH10. Not one single hole was misaligned, not one screw crossthreaded.

If you need or want more info just ask.
P.S. Get the casters.

Ok Caselab fan boy, whatever you say
At for me, i put a limit on my case, i'll never spend more than $300 + tax on any case.
I would rather mod my own case to the way i like rather spend $570 on a metal box that have holes and a piece of acrylic on one of the panel.
Another thing i forgot to mention is i only spend $25 on 64 ounce of coolant for every 7 month not $60 for a gallon of fluit.

Stop show off to people that you're rich and can afford a $570 case, i don't care

PS, you ask me if i ever own a Caselab, yes, i did for 3 day, i bought a Caselab MAGNUM SMH10 put it together didn't like it, return it and buy the Xigmatek Elysium for $190, save me $270

Last edited:
Back