• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Forum Challenge - Winner Gets a Sandybridge Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The sniper isn't SB. ;)

Determining if I'll use the sniper to fund review expenses or use it to do LN2 Demos - it does have a nice bling factor with the sinks.

Well guys I have class early tomorrow so I cant stay up and wait to see who wins. Either way I have a sweet suprise tomorrow morning. Cant wait to see what you have been working on I.M.O.G. :)

Congratulations Kohta, you hit the number dead on, you get every motherboard in the picture, and i'll throw in the shop fan.
View attachment 99381

I did it for the lol's

A guy can dream.

Additionally, i was genuinely hoping for a P67, even if it's a cheapy, i'm working on building my brother a stock 2600k system for some light - medium gaming, i might just get him a AMD hexa core if i don't snag this and just pop a nice GPU in it, like a 6990.

Last edited:
I got 130 by my count. The closest guess was 131 by Sebas!

Congrats Sebas!

A few notes on gotchas in the results:
- I found a few results where members mentioned their friends did it. Going by the letter of what I wrote, this quote is probably important "the total number of components reportedly cooked by forum members". At the time I didn't think much while writing that, but that reads to me as it needs to be cooked by a forum member - not someone saying "I had a friend that did".
- I found a few results where someone used a heat gun. While they fixed it, that's not "cooked" in the true "oven trick" sense of the term. I didn't count those ones.

So ultimately, the guesses around 139 were pretty close, but they were a bit loose in what they counted exactly... Sorry guys!

Other interesting tidbits:

Craziest cook - Monitor
Interesting cook - cell phone
Most Successful card - 8800GTX

@sebas: :drool:

You have until tomorrow, you've been around a while - start 4 discussions! You are a smart cookie, I would expect you could start some good instructions or interesting questions, not like it would be spammy. :salute:
1-150
2-148
3-130
4-129
5-149
6-146
7-132
8-133
I started to count and wonnd up with about the same numbers ,but I can't remenber because my head hurts from counting..

Not sure what the numbers are, but you only get 2 votes. Put 2 in your post if you want to be eligible to win. ;)

LOL I posted on guess 3- 130 lol But I never saw where it stated only two guess lol my bad... Better luck next time...

Congrats on the win SebaS Really good work

Last edited:
Back