• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling a x800xl.....Zalman ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok i been running x800xl at default settings. Well the other night i was playing BF2 for like a few hours (like always) . I closed it and went back to windows and the screen will out of watch. Still stuck in the game view settings with low grade color (like 4 bit). I check the temps with ati tool and it was 51C . I was wondering what temp these cards can goto before expecting problems ? Also i was looking at the Zalman VF700 does it work for x800xl ? I was it listed for all other x800 series but this one wasnt listed in the list i saw. Or you recommend a better aftermarket heatsink ?

I dont think you need to worry about 50c, but let us know if that fixes the problem.

It does get really hot in my room when air is off (top floor) so i think its more peace of mind also. Id rather spend a extra 40 to save a possible 300.00. Thanks for replays guys

Back