• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
where do we request a pol for Order vs Destruction? or is it likely there will be a OCF guild for both sides? eitherway once its gone live a server has been chosen and guild formed I am so in for the destruction one. Has been a while about 9 months since i left wow but im sure it will all come flying back to me.

I'll be trying this out. I will definitely be Destruction, not sure what class I will play yet, still need to read up on this some more.

Worse case have one guild running on the forums and have two factions, those that play with the alliance of order and those that play with the alliance of destruction. for a bit of forum fun :D

Game is sick, been playing the preview like crazy. A shame they are wiping the toons from preview weekend, oh well I know what class/side I'm going.

Man this game is just a welcome time sink... So much to do in game, the graphics are on point, the PVP is perfect, the public quests are a welcome new experience that no other MMO's have (at least that I have played). This game is a WoW killer I would have to say. It have everything that people love about WoW but w/ better graphics, better feel, and additional things that WoW just doesn't have at all. The quests are pretty darn cool... none of that kill 30 of these things and come back to me in an hour quests that WoW was built on.

It's more like kill some of these guys and then put their skulls on the stakes over there and help me fight off their friends as they get ****ed off from you doing that. ;-)

Anyone afraid that they're going to get sucked into War and lose more of their life, like with WoW?
I'm almost 19 now, fall semester is starting, I have so many things I need to do....
I would love to get absorbed in it but I'm also kind of...uneasy about it.
I'm going to have to limit myself :( or maybe even sit this one out.

Well after playing my eyes out this past weekend I finally shut her down until Sept.. I can't wait for beta to try out more characters. This could very well be the most fun I have ever had in an MMO. The RVR is so much fun, I love how this game is geared for PVP. Rolled a Chaos Marauder to rank 14, a Black Orc to rank 10 and a few others from 4-9.

Here ya go Shiggy, grabbed a few of these tonight before they shut down the preview.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/Untitled-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic2-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic3-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic4-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic5-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic6-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/iamcanadian7/pic7-1.jpg

So, the weekend is over... I guess it's time to pool our thoughts together here.

I spent most of my time playing as a Disciple of Khaine and I enjoyed every moment of it. This class is a mele healer hybrid that does some nice damage and has a long array of heals based on it's mele attacks. In WAR you can have 2 targets selected, an enemy and a friendly. How this works w/ the Disciple of Khaine is if I do mele damage to my enemy target, my friendly target gets heals and buffs off my attack. But this not only works for a single friendly target as there are plenty abilities where a Disciple of Khaine can heal everyone in the group w/ in 150 feet! That is a sick sick range and you would be hard pressed to even click on someone 125 feet away because it's so far away.

I started to understand the abilities of this character better by sunday and started to rearainge my bar based on this. I would start an attack (close range attack) w/ a stab that weekends the target but buffs my strength, then bleed attack (dot) then a soul ripping attack which basicly slices and dices the target 4 times in 3 seconds and each attack heals me by a large ammount (or my friendly target)

There are insta cast ranged attacks, and other debuffs and buffs but the one that I think is going to be the best end game ability in the game is it's Moral ability to resurect EVERYONE with in 30 feet INSTACAST w/ like a 60 second cooldown. In city of heroes, there was only 1 character in the whole game that could do that and it was considered the best heal in the game hands down and almost a requirement to have with you on big 20 man missions.(or how ever big the group was... I forget)

I played the Magus for a bit and I could see it having some great uses in pvp and defending positions, it would just be a ***** to lvl since it really is a defensive caster w/ some warlock like abilities... It may be my alt, I'm not sure yet... He flys around on this disk that looks pretty bad *** and has it's own attacks as well. The disk even grows and changes as the abilities grow.

I did spend a short time being the sorcerer... Socerer "Press button for big explosion".... that is pretty much it but I gotta say that the visuals and the abilities are very impressive and they are very damaging.

Those are the 3 that I tried and will probably be the 3 I end up having as characters to lvl with people. I figure since everyone has their own available time I'll probably have a 3 tiered approche to leveling. Disciple of Khaine as my main, the Magus as my 2nd tier, and the Sorcerer as my lowbie probably to run w/ those that come in after a while.

As for game play:
Well, I had all the graphics on the highest settings and I'm not sure what my FPS were but it had to be over 30 since everything was ALWAYS smooth, even if it was Realm vs Realm, PVE, or public quests, there was never any lag or choppyness. There were random points where someone would be running behind you but then they were in front of you and then back behind you, but hey it's beta... There was a point where Omi and I were experiencing extreme choppyness and lag but then the server booted lots of people and returned to normal... hey it's beta...

The quests are so much fun... WoW = kill 30 of these and see me in the morning when you are done... WAR = Kill some of those guys over there, place their skulls on these pikes, and help me fend of their friends because they are ****ed off that you did that...

The quest system is easier to go through for the simple fact that the map will show you roughly where you need to be to do your quest deeds and then where to hand them in. Also as you are wandering around, you are notified when you have entered an area where a public quest is going on, how much time is left in the public quest and what stage the quest is at. This gives you the option to either just join in (and you can join in at any stage) or just bypass it. I really love the public quests because not only do you gain INF (influence which is used to get some great gear) but if you are one of the top contributors for the public quest then you get to loot a chest with some really great stuff in it that you get to pick from. I came in 1st one time and it was a whole list of stuff I could pick from. (fought a big dragon) Some public quests only take about 5 min and some take 30 min, but even if you don't rank in the top few, you have gained lots of EXP and INF so your time was well spent!

The UI is nicely customizable and straight forward. The menu system is easy to understand and navigate. The Party system works just as it should. Forming a guild is easy to do, you just need 6 people in your party that have no guild.

The PVP is just as I had hoped. It's not a zerg fest but numbers and strategy do come into play. There have been some stand offs where the numbers are high and that is where the strategy comes to play, the tanks have to form a wall and advance forward while the mele dps is right next to them and the healers and ranged do their jobs. This isn't like WoW where you can just bypass everyone and go straight for the healer, becuase you will not be allowed to get that far due to the tanks and mele. Yeah you could work your way around but you would be noticed easily which proved to be the case time and time again. Perhaps the witch hunter could do it... not too sure. When it comes to this Realm Vs Realm pvp, you can level from this... it's awsome! Getting EXP from pvp is something that has been missing in my life

The world looks beautiful, the pats arn't dumb, using the world weapons are pretty cool, dying in what seemed like nuclear explosions was a new and fun way to die. The combat system is great makes a fight feel just right.

Something I had to add:

In Age of Conan, they had combo attack which were great when you were able to use them, but sucked when you had to use them and the target was pretty much already dead. Plus what if you didn't want to use the combo at that time.. well you had to or you lost it from selecting something else that you wanted to do...

WAR fixed that by adding Moral abilities. When you are in the thick of battle, your Moral builds up and different abilities then become available to you. Think of it as a Dragon Ball Z thing where you are pushed and pushed in battle and then you can suddenly do some bad *** stuff. This makes you somewhat blood thristy, where you just want to keep killing more and more, faster and faster and then bam, your leet moral abilties are available to you and you are suddenly causing all of the enimies around you to fly back 30 feet, or studding everyone around you for 5 seconds, or rezing everyone around you, or throwing some stupid big heals to everyone w/ in 150 feet... the Moral abilites are HOT!! and you need to be aware of them at all times and when to correctly use them.

Well that's just a bit off the top of my head right now. More to come...

yea im so sure of what i want to play and havent touched the game yet :) Deciple of Khaine or Greenskin sharman! you description of a Deciple reminds me of my shadow priest soooo much....dotdotdot ve dot dot mindblast! dotdot dot

Yes the SS worked thanks looks sweet

Well the shadow priest and the Disciple of Khaine are actually very very different. This is a very mele base character, dual wielding swords for DPS or 1 sword and a cauldrin thingy for healing buffs. It's a front line fighter that is in the heat of battle, not in the back by any means. you get up close and cut people down w/ it's fast attacks that do some impressive dps. it's these physical attacks that let the Disciple of Khaine's true abilities come out. Think of him as wolverine, getting stronger and stronger durring battle, healing himself as he goes but w/ the added twist of buffing and healing his team mates each swing of his sword, debuffing his foes, and rezing the dead.

Back