• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Convicted1

Added by Bobnova: Standings! Inside spoiler.
Initial points values for each team:
Team Frozen Testicles:
I.M.O.G. - 2170
Jaymz - 107.8

Team starting total: 2277.8
Team current total: 2277.8
Ranking:

Team Couldn't Bear To Be Apart: Also known as "Team Thinks They Can Control Their Team Name", and "Team Is Wrong".
Convicted - 293.6
moocow (kow_ciller) - 313.30

Team starting total: 606.9
Team current total: 606.9
Ranking:

Team Green Weeds:
Bobnova - 718.90
TsunamiJuan - 322.40

Team starting total: 1041.3
Team current total: 1041.3
Ranking:

Hey guys...

Been thinking that I'd like to host a little get together here in the Mid-Missouri area.

Was curious if anybody would be interested.

I have no set date yet... But I figured I'd check interest first to see how many if any were interested!

We can't let I.M.O.G. and those guys have all the fun...

Let me know!

-David

-EDIT FOR NEW INFORMATION BELOW-

BENCHING TEAM MEMBERSHIP IS NOT A REQUIREMENT! ALL ARE WELCOME! COME SEE HOW WE ROLL!

Locations: Missouri, Ohio, Texas, California (Confirmed/possible)

DATE: October 26th and 27th

Missouri Team - Convicted1 Hosting (Versailles)

Possible Attendees: Convicted1, Optytrooper, Dolk, Others? (Confirmed/possible)

To sweeten the pot a bit... All LN2... Beer... And Pizza in the evening is on me.

I'll have at least 240L of LN2 on hand... Depending on how many show.

I don't have any extra bedrooms... But those who feel they will need sleep are welcome to make a place on the living room floor or couch. Suggest bringing a sleeping bag or something since it is hardwood.

Not much in the way of hotels... There is one motel here in town... but it's not exactly a "high class" establishment. I myself could stay there just fine... BUT... I wouldn't ask my wife to.

My garage has room and power for at least four benching stations to run at once... It will be tight since its a small single bay garage... BUT... The benches to setup on and the power to work are there.

Being October... I doubt extreme heat will be the issue, but there is no A/C in my garage. We do have heat though if it's needed.

Livestream will be held from this location.

Ohio Team - I.M.O.G. Hosting (NE Ohio, Rootstown)

Possible Attendees: I.M.O.G., Jaymz9350, Janus67, Tydymiller Others? (Confirmed/possible)

We'll have 200L of LN2 on hand. We can easily get another 180L if anyone wants to chip in - it costs $130 for the LN2 and gas to drive and pick it up.

California Team

Possible Attendees: Bobnova, TsunamiJuan, Others? (Confirmed/possible)

Texas Team - Moocow Hosting (San Marcos)

Possible Attendees: Moocow, Dejo, Others? (Confirmed/possible)

Living room benching at it's finest! People are welcome to stay, but there's only the couch and the floor for sleep surfaces.

Beer is super easy to access and host will have some. But otherwise its BYOB. Hotels are pretty cheap if someone does not want to stay. If planned ahead they can be found for $40-60/night.

There is a 30L dewar, but if enough guys are interested and able to pitch in. There could be a 180L for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Opty!

To sweeten the pot a bit... All LN2... Beer... And Pizza in the evening is on me.

I'll have at least 240L of LN2 on hand... Depending on how many show.

I'm good with any date... So lets throw some ideas out there.

Anytime after Sept. is good for me. Got too much going on till then. I can bring my SS if you like and of course a bunch of classic hardware. Northwoods on LN2 FTW!

October works well for me... And gives everybody a month + to plan...

Lets hear some more input though.

I propose we setup a Missouri vs Ohio contest...

Both the Missouri crew and the Ohio crew get in on this... Most points between the two teams in a weekend wins bragging rights.

Run Livestreams from both locations so that anybody who can't be there and wants to watch can...

Last edited:
October works well for me... And gives everybody a month + to plan...

Lets hear some more input though.

I propose we setup a Missouri vs Ohio contest...

Both the Missouri crew and the Ohio crew get in on this... Most points between the two teams in a weekend wins bragging rights.

Run Livestreams from both locations so that anybody who can't be there and wants to watch can...

I don't know about our resources just mine and it ain't squat compared to the Ohio crew. Those guys have huge amounts of hardware at their disposal relatively speaking not to mention Bob modding cards for them. If it's going to be head to head we will likely need a handicap such as 8800 series cards only or something of that nature. Even then I'm pretty sure the have enough IB hardware to pound us into the dirt.

I don't know about our resources just mine and it ain't squat compared to the Ohio crew. Those guys have huge amounts of hardware at their disposal relatively speaking not to mention Bob modding cards for them. If it's going to be head to head we will likely need a handicap such as 8800 series cards only or something of that nature. Even then I'm pretty sure the have enough IB hardware to pound us into the dirt.

Don't worry about the "modern" hardware requirements...

I got LOTS of new gear here and on the way.

I'll put it this way... I'm confident we won't be at ANY disadvantage.

As for Ed modifying cards for them... I plan to have some stuff already modded and ready to bench when people arrive.

Keep an eye on the new toys thread this week... :sn:

I'll modify cards for any of y'all! I'm happy to help guide, too.

Count me in for representing Ohio. I get hitched on Oct 5th. So any weekend after that one is good.

I don't have any new hardware, other than 3770k's, and I only have one of those. (Plus two dead ones). The rest of my gear is almost exclusively 8800 class, and a couple 4800's.

Budget permitting, I will try to grab some more older cards I haven't benched yet. Probably 2x/3x/4x gear. Janus67 is moving so not sure when or if he will be available.

So if anything, I expect missourri to have a better coverage of new gear with all the buying convicted1 has done lately.

To compare results, we should capture team power points for each person taking part before we start, then compare TPP after. :) That means only new TPP gained will count for helping us win.

Game on. :salute:

To compare results, we should capture team power points for each person taking part before we start, then compare TPP after. :) That means only new TPP gained will count for helping us win.

That's a good idea.

Count me in for representing Ohio. I get hitched on Oct 5th. So any weekend after that one is good.

Weekends of benching AFTER marriage!?!?! Never been married before eh? LOL... I kid... I kid.

I don't have any new hardware, other than 3770k's, and I only have one of those. (Plus two dead ones). The rest of my gear is almost exclusively 8800 class, and a couple 4800's.

Need to know more about these 2 dead ones... How'd they die? Is IB that weak?

Budget permitting, I will try to grab some more older cards I haven't benched yet. Probably 2x/3x/4x gear. Janus67 is moving so not sure when or if he will be available.

I hope to buy some older cards as well... I'm just so confused about what the team needs points on.

So if anything, I expect missourri to have a better coverage of new gear with all the buying convicted1 has done lately.

Good idea... But I think it'd put you guys at a disadvantage. I know in my case most of my TPP have been eaten up with your IB stuff. Meaning it'll be easier for me to gain points. (Assuming I can find a chip capable..)

Game on. :salute:

Should be a blast if we can get everybody together for it!

While we're thinkin' about it... Maybe we could get Ed and TJ in on this!? Missouri VS. Ohio VS. California!?

I wouldn't mind being at a disadvantage. It's just a matter of swapping out gpus for me to get more points... I've got it down to a science so there is probably more of a learning curve for you to get 2d and 3d power points on the platform. Opty knows his stuff, just smaller points and it takes time to get them.

As for my dead 3770ks, one died after a couple months of aggressive voltages at 2d and 3d. The other died never running much more than 1.75v - it was a better low voltage chip, just quit for no apparent reason. It had been used a lot. Lesson learned, give'em the juice, chances are they are going to go either way in about the same time frame.

Last edited:

:

I should be good anytime after then also just need enough notice to schedule time off if I need to ( I get all my time back on oct 10th). Hopefully I can get up there this time as my life situation has changed a bit making it easier to get away for a weekend

Alright then let's do this dang thing!

Lets give it another day or two to let the other Missouri guys see the thread... Being Labor Day weekend I don't know if they've been here to see it.

I'm glad to see others are interested though!

Guess now I need to clear it with the wife! LMAO... :chair:

Lets give it another day or two to let the other Missouri guys see the thread... Being Labor Day weekend I don't know if they've been here to see it.

I'm glad to see others are interested though!

Guess now I need to clear it with the wife! LMAO... :chair:
Hopefully we can get Dolk in on this.

Back