• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking XFX HD 5770 Crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdgamer

My current clocks for my 5770 crossfire setup are 875/1300 @ stock volts, im using MSI Afterburner to overclock them. Currently using "synchronize setting for similar gpus" option, because i figure its best to have both gpus clocked the same. I would like some help with overclocking settings from someone whos done testing and OCing to HD5770. I would like to attain best performance while still being stable while gaming. Ive done FurMark stress testing on stock clocks and my current clocks in crossfire, temps never exceeded 80C and completely stable, so im ready to overclock. Any help is appreciated.

Well XFX cards tend not to do voltage control which would really unlock the potential of your cards. At stock volts the 5770 get to around 925-950mhz. Memory can easily go to 1350mhz.

i can control voltage, how high is it safe to go? and how much do i need to be stable at 1000/1350 ? stock is 1.2V

i can control voltage, how high is it safe to go? and how much do i need to be stable at 1000/1350 ? stock is 1.2V

how much you need varies from card to card... just keep bumping it up 10MHz and check stability... if it's unstable, bump voltage... i think 1.3v is kinda the upper limit... remember to keep an eye on temps as you go...

I need at least 1.3v to get to 1000mhz but cards differ. I've seen some only need 1.2v or 1.25v. Try 1.25v and if unstable keep bumping it up.

Right now im at 960/1340 1.2v CF synchronized, when i turn on
"EnableUnofficialOverclocking" in msi afterburner to be able to go past 960mhz screen blinks and freezes, and when i restart it does the same thing, i have to hook up my hdd to different pc and turn off "EnableUnofficialOverclocking" in .cfg file, and then i can boot okay. I tried to do same thing with single gpu and it worked fine, i need some help figuring this out in crossfire.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I got my HIS HD 5770 up to 925/1325 without touching the voltage. I have heard of people getting their memory way past 1400 but I can't get past 1325 without flickering and artifacts.

I run my single 5770 @ 1.27ish area and get nearly 1k/1350..

I haven't had much luck getting my memory stable past 1375 while still keeping above 960 on the core. I was able to get the memory to 1421, but my core was somewhere around 938..

Pretty sure the safe zone for these voltage wise is like 1.35 before you need better cooling.. I have yet to have any issues with heat at my current settings of 995/1350 @1.275

I can run pretty much every game with most settings maxed out including AA..never got black ops and some of the newest stuff though.. works fine for crysis (not totally max), bfbc2 etc

i maxed out my overclock on stock volts no need to push my crossfire further for now i get 60flps in almost everything, raising voltage will probably shorten the life of gpu so i wont do that, until i need to.

When i enable unofficial overclocking in MSI Afterburner, and change gpu clocks to anything than default the gpus run in 3D mode all the time at full clocks, anyone knows whats causing this? im stuck at 960 max because i can use unofficial overclock

Back