• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Water Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It gets good and iffy from now on up to 5.0Ghz when wanting 2 hours of P95 Blend to finish. I see my notes show 1.5Vcore at 5.0Ghz and not sure if that were P95 Blend stable or not. I show that I had to add 0.01 Cpu volts for evey 100Mhz once I got to 4.8Ghz. So not like it was back down the scale where often the Vcore would be enough for a couple of 100Mhz, then have to bump up the Vcore. Up close to 5.0Ghz it was add at least 0.01 per 100Mhz speed increase. FYI on my shett.
RGone...ster.

It gets good and iffy from now on up to 5.0Ghz when wanting 2 hours of P95 Blend to finish. I see my notes show 1.5Vcore at 5.0Ghz and not sure if that were P95 Blend stable or not. I show that I had to add 0.01 Cpu volts for evey 100Mhz once I got to 4.8Ghz. So not like it was back down the scale where often the Vcore would be enough for a couple of 100Mhz, then have to bump up the Vcore. Up close to 5.0Ghz it was add at least 0.01 per 100Mhz speed increase. FYI on my shett.
RGone...ster.
Thanks for the info RGone!
Dan

RGone...ster.
I second that, I run 4.7 because of the truckloads of voltage I needed to get anything above that stable. I should dig out my notes but I believe I needed something like 1.525 for 5.1 2 hours prime even 4.8 was a lot from the 1.46 I run now, something like 1.48.

johan, you got a 1090 that will do 4.5, 24/7???

4.3Ghz I think he was saying yesterday unless he tinkered it some more today after getting home. It was pretty good either way. Think he was benching it at 4.37Ghz. :clap:
RGone...ster.

Well close guys. I settled at 4.36 with 1.53v NB at 2650 and Ram 1600 7-8-7-24.
But I was benching at 4.6 with cinebench 11 and 15. Top speed was 4856. I just need some cold water to see if it'll break 5.0 I know there's more in it but didn't have the time or temps I would like.
I'm certain I could get 4.4 C_D but the trip to 4.5 has it well over 1.6v for anything close to stable not my bag for 24/7 operation.
Still when comparing to my other Phenom II, this one's a gem.

now I want yours!!!!!!
I have a fair one laying here and another that is really a 3.8 processor someplace in my junk pile, but I can't find the dang thing!!!!!!

I gues I just got lucky, maybe has something to do with coming from England, they must have higher standards. Ha ha. It did end up costing me a bit more than expected when my favorite arm of the Gov't charged me an extra $30 for duties. All totalled it ended up being $150. Not sure at this point what I'm going to do with it C_D, I do want to get it under some cold, cold water before I do anything like get rid of it. Should I pencil your name on it? I thout RGone was looking for something like this at one point too?

Did you check under your workboots ? :rofl::rofl:

Sorry bout taking over your thread Dan, just kinda happened.

Hits'em rodeo clowns at dew at shett monz. Hit cannut be use.
RGone...ster.

Okay I think you lost me there RGone. Were you still looking for one of the Thubans or are you happy now with both rigs going?

Well I guess I'm done for the summer. I'm not having any luck with 4.9GHz as far as prime is concerned. Probably no wonder, my ambient room temps are around 78F.
I'm going to try some F@H.
Dan

Ya that's the bummer about heat when you just can't get rid of it anymore.

Well I guess I'm done for the summer. I'm not having any luck with 4.9GHz as far as prime is concerned. Probably no wonder, my ambient room temps are around 78F.
I'm going to try some F@H.
Dan
:( I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year?!?!? :D

Back