• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Mobo need help chosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

I need to replace my current Rig Mobo
is this any good?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131873R

hoping for 4ghz (heat is not a issue I have a water loop for CPU)
i could get it for $80 open box or for $75 like new on amazon

or i was thinking about this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130679
for only $70
but it has not heatsinks on those Mof so :confused:

now i want to go intel but cant spend over pretty much this amount so.... don't tell me to upgrade (even if i could afford i would still need a mobo for this rig to pass down)

I'm actually a bit surprised about that MSI board. I have a p67-g45, basically the Intel version of the next model up, and it has MOSFET heatsinks, even the p67-g43 has them. If you're OCing and going with water cooling (little to no airflow around the MOSFETs), I'd be worried about that.

that's what i was thinking
think i could add a heatsink?

1100T

i like it that it has a USB 3 I/O for my front USB 3 ports

Yeah, just looking at reviews for the Asus board, and even though I'm kind of an MSI fanboy/Asus antifanboy, that may be the better choice. I'm guessing you want to stick in that $70-$80 price range?

ya $70-$80
im anti Asrock 2 motherboards in a row different sockets issues just non stop issues
2nd board was a higher end board too

so you thinking Asus?
how is gigbit?

Grab a used GA-970A-UD3 or GA-970A-UD3P. One of the better VRM setups for the price. Heatsinked 8+2.

Also, freakdiablo, MSI is pretty terrible for AM3+.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I've never used one of their AMD boards, but have had good luck with my Intel board, several MSI graphics cards, and when my MSI netbook died they fixed it quick and painlessly.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I've never used one of their AMD boards, but have had good luck with my Intel board, several MSI graphics cards, and when my MSI netbook died they fixed it quick and painlessly.

The AM3/AM3+ is a whole different world just because of the vast power draw (especially FX-8xxx series) that these chips run when OC'd.

lol just when i think igot it someone PMed and offer to buy my CPU for a great Deal........
whats a good 1150 board? because if i up my budget $75 i could get a i7 4770k..... or even less for a i5
and yes i do live close to a micro center

I would get a GA-Z87X-???? personally. All of the Z87X stuff from Gigabyte seems to perform very well.

Z87-A is very common also.

my choses are go with GA-970A-UD3P
or sell my CPU and get a 1150 Intel Chip / board (leaning more to this)

Well it looks like a 4770k beats out an 1100T in benchmarks, it looks like even the 4670k beats it out, so if you're willing to spend the extra money and since you have to get a new board anyways...

intel is obviously the better platform. If you can squeeze into a 4770k, thats absolutely what I would do personally.

intel is obviously the better platform. If you can squeeze into a 4770k, thats absolutely what I would do personally.

This is very subjective to what your tasks are.
That said, Intel has the edge in gaming because of better single core performance.

This is very subjective to what your tasks are.
That said, Intel has the edge in gaming because of better single core performance.

I can think of no advantage an 1100t would have over a 4770k lol. Maybe for zipping and unzipping files if you overclock the **** out of the 1100t? Usually this debate is reserved for i5 vs 83x0 to my understanding.

Back