• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check My System Out!! (PiCs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How exactly do you open those drives? I know you can through the computer but what about if its not responding or something?

A cool mod would be making the face plate once big push button that its flat and you push it in to open the drive :)

its easy to open these drives.... I attached a raised piece of plastic under the face plate and over the open button ... so all I have to do is touch the corner of the face plates and it opens.

here is another picture to ogle over.

DSC00737.jpg

magic... no this article tells you how to do it:

http://www.pc-workshop.net/articles/paint101/paint101-1.shtml

Anyone know how to clean the filmy residue from rubbing compound and gloss... you can see from above that its not perfectly fog free.... I rub and rub and rub... and my arm gets tired... and it just smuges... is there something that will remove it without diminshing the shine aready there?

k3nshin said:

maybe you should etch them

thats a possiblity... except Ive never done that before, and I dont know how... what tools..etc.

Does anyone know how to clean off the haze left over after rubbing compound or gloss? Its really annoying and I just cant rub anymore... if you dont know, do you know where I might look?

Back