• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding injurys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pretty sure alot have done this....opened up power supply, switched out the crappy fan for a LED one and i turned it on to test if it worked before i closed it...and zap! didnt hurt too much, just a little shock going up my arm and down my spine

Few weeks back I was working on my FAN bus and I was drilling holes into the project box with a really fine drillbit i think it was the 1/8" and i didnt pay mind ti where my finger was and drilled into my finger. Not like strait in though like into the finger and just underneath the skin. Pulled the drill bit out to see skin and stuff on the drill bit. Just put a bandaid on and kept working. I can still feel where the drill be went under my skin.

Also about 2 years ago, I was parting out old servers and was working on this one IBM, I was putting it back together (makes stackign neater) and a ground strap was getting in the way, so i went to pull it off with my bare hand and it popped off the one side of the panel and sliced thru my pointer finger on my right hand, had to get 5 stitches for it.

Wow, how come I never saw this thread before?!?! So good, yet grusome stories in here. I think the worst I've done is just get minor cuts and scraps from working with cases that don't sand their metal edges that well.

Now working way through thread to read such "great" experiances, lol.

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4150332&postcount=91

While using a pair of wire strippers to cut down a small screw, the strippers slipped in my hand, twisting a bit and catching my thumb in the wire cutter portion.

It bled for 10 minutes. & will prolly take 2 weeks to finally heal.
(did something similar before , but with a hammer. :( )

And yes, a good pair of wire strippers have a screw cutter designed into them.

:attn:

Back