• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty sure BF3 will be the driving force behind picking up a 6990 to pair with my 6970. I REALLY need to get my 6970 underwater, I have everything to do it with, I just haven't had time.

Holy crap I am excited for this, I LOVE the gun sounds and the bullet popping on surfaces. That adds to the excitement level huge for me. I've already ordered a 2600k, now just waiting for the damn Asus Deluxe to restock at the egg. :rock:

Holy crap I am excited for this, I LOVE the gun sounds and the bullet popping on surfaces. That adds to the excitement level huge for me. I've already ordered a 2600k, now just waiting for the damn Asus Deluxe to restock at the egg. :rock:

Absolutely, good sound design adds more to the experience versus graphical realism. I would take a game with exceptional sound design with standard graphics over a game with poor sound design and amazing graphics any day.

Judging from what DICE has done with the sound in BC2 I have high hopes for the sound in BF3, even watching the trailers you can tell the sound will be amazing. More specifically the character dialogue, the conversation during battle was awesome!

Hopefully, Project Reality will find its way into battlefield 3.(if It needs it, not sure whether it will be arcade or realism)
Also, are there any multilayer videos of this game?

I decided to stop waiting for the Asus Deluxe and went with the Sabertooh. So I just ordered a new full rig!

I'm hoping the multiplayer in this is fantastic. I was thinking about it today, and the CoD series hasn't changed significantly since the first MW. I'm so ready to drop it and pick up something new.

I have BC2 but I joined so late I have no clue what is going on.

Hopefully, Project Reality will find its way into battlefield 3.(if It needs it, not sure whether it will be arcade or realism)
Also, are there any multilayer videos of this game?

I don't believe there have been any released yet. Supposedly there is going to be more info released on April 17th. I too would like to see some multi videos. I really could care less about sp for the game at this point. Battlefield is all about mp.

I don't believe there have been any released yet. Supposedly there is going to be more info released on April 17th. I too would like to see some multi videos. I really could care less about sp for the game at this point. Battlefield is all about mp.

Agree 100%. Putting time into SP is wasted time IMO.

BF3 looks and sounds amazing, but it remains to be see whether it will bring enough new content to impress me away from BF BC:2, which is still rocking my socks off.

Agree 100%. Putting time into SP is wasted time IMO.

Too right, in this day and age FPS are all about the multi. If I want to play SP I play an RPG, not a fps with half assed sp .
I wouldnt even care if there was no single player.
I mean come on, whoever plays a BF game for the SP completely missed the point.

DICE most likely has multiple teams within to work on various projects, they have separate teams for multi/sp. So I don't really think the quality will suffer, the quality will probably be higher this way since the teams are focused on one aspect.

I love reading interviews like that. It's nice to know that they are actually worried about what the PC community will think of the game. It sounds like they are truly putting more time and effort in the game for the PC. I hope they stay true to their word.

Well just think back to the original BF2, PC is battlefields roots. Consoles have always been second to PC.

Too right, in this day and age FPS are all about the multi. If I want to play SP I play an RPG, not a fps with half assed sp .
I wouldnt even care if there was no single player.
I mean come on, whoever plays a BF game for the SP completely missed the point.

100% agree, SP was the 90s in golden eye. This is 2011, there's no fun in killing bots.

Battlefield would be nothing if it only had a SP. MP is where its at. But I do understand there is a large group of gamers who enjoy campaigns but I cant wait for it to die out.

Back