• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg it worked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, its missing the grey caps that go on the ends, the hdd isn't installed in the pics, and there isn't a faceplate on it. I have all these parts, its just easier to leave them off while testing. The unit was manufactured in January 05, so it was a launch console. The warranty ran out a while ago. I've been monitoring temps via the hand method. After several hours of gameplay and a couple hours of dvd watching, there haven't been any issues with heat or the console crashing.

Last edited:
Hey Hey Hey, back of you console gamers ::shakes fist::. Yeah, for some reason I was thinking it was a PS3 that you had at first. Not sure why I didn't catch it, but I've got it now. Microsoft warranty.

bleh,
- Jim

LOL, Nice work. I'm just waiting for mine to quit working. I've only played it once since Christmas. It dosent see too much action:-/

Did MS revise the 360, fixing the problem yet, or is this happening to all consoles?

lol seriously you butchered it, its kind of half ghetto/half the old sleek look,

can you either fix what you did to it or go completly ghetto!

seriously it doesnt even need a case, just put the components on a shelf and aim a standing fan at it on high speed! no more cooling issues and you got a nice room heater also :)

if this isn't ytour style, paint the thing black and make some mesh grills for it.

horrible work ;P

Thanks phrenetical. The point of the mods were definately not looks. I'll go back and sand and paint it this summer. What do you guys think of NES grey with a few flat black stripes? Right now I'm just glad the thing works and is staying cool. We actually had it laying in peices on the table with a box fan pointed at it. A new revision is supposed to come out soon that fixes the problem, but I have no idea when.

BTW, it now has prolly 25 hours of gameplay on it since the fix, and its still going strong.

you guys make me wanna mod my 360 cooling also... i've had both of my 360s apart, but never bothered to take off heatsinks and apply AS5... think it'll make that much of a diff?

has anyone ever taken then entire thing apart and put it into a new atx case?

i sold my broken one, the week before the towel method surfaced, now kicking myself in the head, i wasnt good at adding fans anyway, but w/e
im a PC guy now, since MS tech support was a *****, i mustve explained my box was taken apart atleast 15 times, and there answer was yes if you pay for the repair it will be fixed, sent out june 16th....received back in SEPTEMBER!!!, NOT EVEN TOUCHED [/end rant]

ThePCGuy said:
Hey Hey Hey, back of you console gamers ::shakes fist::. Yeah, for some reason I was thinking it was a PS3 that you had at first. Not sure why I didn't catch it, but I've got it now. Microsoft warranty.

bleh,
- Jim
But does the title saying "IT WORKED" negate any remote possibility of it being a sony product?

Sleepy_Steve said:
But does the title saying "IT WORKED" negate any remote possibility of it being a sony product?

HAHAHA :santa:

I want a 360 now, just for kicks. I always get two consoles for each generation (so it seems). This gen it'll be Ninty and M$. My Wii is gathering dust at the moment. Just waiting for MP:3 and some online play. If that game has online deathmatch, that will be absolutely INSANE.

That's a great method for fixing it. I'd have never thought of intentionally overheating the 360 and having it work.

I'm sure geek squad would try to fix it. After they charged me about 3000 bucks for parts and another 350 to put it all together.

Sephis said:
I'm sure geek squad would try to fix it. After they charged me about 3000 bucks for parts and another 350 to put it all together.
lol u guys want to hear somthing funny loll best buy dosent know how to hire people like i applyed for the geek squad lol yess i know lol i have a lot of expearence and i worked for 2 years fixing computers and electronics and doing virus removel for my old job lol the funest thing is that thay dident want to take me lmao tell me thats not a **** its like thay only want people that dont know what thay are doing because thay done want to look stuped in frount of them so what i like do to for jokes is to see how much i can scam best buy lol :p so far iv got 4 xbox 360s and returned them with the same reseat the trick is to excange them i got 4 new systems laying around now lol and thay got 3 40$ systems

DrunkenCat said:
lol u guys want to hear somthing funny loll best buy dosent know how to hire people like i applyed for the geek squad lol yess i know lol i have a lot of expearence and i worked for 2 years fixing computers and electronics and doing virus removel for my old job lol the funest thing is that thay dident want to take me lmao tell me thats not a **** its like thay only want people that dont know what thay are doing because thay done want to look stuped in frount of them so what i like do to for jokes is to see how much i can scam best buy lol :p so far iv got 4 xbox 360s and returned them with the same reseat the trick is to excange them i got 4 new systems laying around now lol and thay got 3 40$ systems
u got to love week points in there service

Back