• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot off alert.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Annd, It's still going on.
Earlier I picked up 3 of the PS/2 keyboard for a buck each. Mine are missing random keys, and that woot was cheaper than going to the salvation army.
There were a couple of decent items the printer network server thing comes to mind. There were also a couple of 'decent' older computers 1.8 dual Intel, 2.4 single core intel, 1-2 Gb ram, 320 Gb HDD. Weak for most people here, but decent for a home computer.
I installed ReloadEvery in my firefoxportable and stuck it in the computer at my work, we were watching it all last night, from 6-11. I got someone else addicted to checking woot.

Here are the top items the I think they've had so far. I wish I'd of had the cash for those ultra mobile PCs. It's something I would have loved to play with. Or at least enough to buy a mouse, but I can't justify spending that much on a mouse - cause I'm cheap.

Razer Diamondback Salamander or Chameleon Gaming Mouse
$19.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New
Acer Aspire Dual Core 1.6Ghz/1GB Vista Home Premium PC
$299.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished
Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Card
$21.00
+ $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Belkin F5D8000 Pre-N Wireless PC Card with PCI Adaptor
Acer Aspire Dual Core 1.6Ghz/2GB Vista Home Premium PC
$349.99
+ $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Acer Aspire Dual Core 1.6Ghz/2GB Vista Home Premium PC
Acer Aspire Pent D 2.8Ghz/1GB Vista Home Premium PC
$289.99 + $5 Shipping
JVC 770 Watt 7.1 A/V Receiver with PC Link
$109.99 + $5 Shipping
Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Gaming Mouse
$29.99
+ $5 shipping
Lenovo 3000 N100 Core Duo T2350 Notebook
$599.99 + $5 Shipping
Polaroid DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Drive and ATSC Tuner
$99.99 + $5 Shipping
Gateway Quad Core Desktop Computer
$579.99 + $5 Shipping
Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC
$519.99 + $5 Shipping

HEY!
They've got the Samsung Q1 up again, but it costs $70 more!
IS this one upgraded or something?

Hey!
Does anyone use anything like Wootwatcher?
Is there a good linux program for watching woot?

WTF?
IS this the REwoot? I've seen two of the last three items already, they were on yesterday. - Wireless digital photot frame and the samsung wireless.

(I've edited this about 7 times now)

In another attempt to continue talking to myself about the WOTO off,

ATHENA SPEAKERS $90 (new)
Great Buy! - Google show the CHEAPEST at 95+shipping, the next up is 120 and 170. So if you want really expensive speakers these are great!

I just realized that the guy started it at 1am, it was going on yesterday MORNING too, around 10am. It seems like this one will last a while.

Why I love WOOT; their descriptions.

Stand Up Against Ace-ism

It could be any house on any street in any town in America. It looks like the very picture of happiness and tranquility. But what’s that sound we hear? Is it the gentle sobbing of a computer in despair? Look closer, now…there, on the desk…no, the other desk, upstairs…yeah, that one…it’s the Acer Aspire T180-UA380B Desktop Computer. What could drive such a well-equipped PC to such depths of heartbreak? What would a computer with a 160GB SATA hard drive, AMD Athon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz processor, and dual-layer DVD burner possibly have to cry about? She’s crying because she can never let anyone know…her terrible secret!
It’s not just that she was refurbished. There are a few other refurbished computers in her circle of friends, and they’re accepted as one of the gang. No, the Acer Aspire T180-UA380B’s problem is more complicated than that. She’s burdened with Windows Vista, but lacks the optimal hardware to handle it! Her 1GB ram and integrated graphics card are simply not up to the task of running her own operating system! Oh, the shame, the shame! And her friends – if they knew…
But there is hope. That hope is you. The Acer Aspire T180-UA380B needs someone who will make her whole again, who will put a decent video card into her PCI-E slot and restore her dignity, the dignity that her defects have robbed her of. Will you be one of the jeering know-nothings, the narrow minds, the quietly prim and proper bigots who kill with whispers? Or will you follow the Golden Rule and love the Acer Aspire T180-UA380B as you love yourself?

Last edited:
You aren't missing much, it was an Acer desktop pc with an AMD 3400+ I think with 1 gig of ram. Not a proud machine to be sure. It was just over $200 with $5.00 shipping.

Nevermind, I had ReloadEvey on for the las 6 hours, refreshing every minute, I guess Woot decided that I overloaded them and gave me an error.
It's working now.

Last edited:
The site is down for me :shrug:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif] Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]
</configuration>
[/FONT]

Back