• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming in Tight Spaces: Mini-ITX (featuring Gigabyte, Silverstone, and Prolimatech)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This takes me back

This reminds me of my Epox media pc that I modded. Put plexy windows on it, had a radeon 9800 with a 3ghz p4. I loved that thing for lan parties.

Awesome build very clean.

I student teach a mini Build Your Own Computer class at my high school. The teacher always pushes kids to at least look into SFF builds, but to the average high school students small = less powerful and impressive. I've always used this article as proof to the contrary. :D

Great build, Miahallen! Cant'wait to see your third version.
I am planning to do a SG05 build myself. Given the emergence of new hardware, would Gigabyte H67 ITX and Core i7-2600 be a good combination?

I'm still waiting for more Z68 itx options as I won't do it without OCing :D
But, if you don't care to OC...then yes :)

Thank you!
I think I'll get myself a 2600K for the ability to upgrade mobo once a decent Z68 shows up. Will a 6950 fit in here, or should I better use a 6870?

Great read!

I actually am getting rid of my full tower setup today and switching to a mATX board with the Silverstone FT03 case. The only thing that worries me is going to be having crossfire 6950's so close to each other.

just posting this for your interest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380350508351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not a true mini-dtx case

but the potential is great . but the shipping cost is ridiculous

cannot find them any where else though

this will be my next mini-dtx case

in anyone is wondering ??? mini itx is a 1 pci slot case

mini-dtx is a 2 pci slot case

it even has 2 holes at the back for external water cooling tubing

Attachments

• mini-dtx.jpeg
    mini-dtx.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 70
I had a Shuttle SFF (Socket A) when I was deployed. Was able to pack that + my Samsung monitor (the thinnest LCD at the time) into a backpack and carrying case. Took them all with me on 12hr desk duty assignments.

just posting this for your interest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380350508351?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

not a true mini-dtx case

but the potential is great . but the shipping cost is ridiculous

cannot find them any where else though

this will be my next mini-dtx case

in anyone is wondering ??? mini itx is a 1 pci slot case

mini-dtx is a 2 pci slot case

it even has 2 holes at the back for external water cooling tubing

It's a nice case, but it's significantly larger than the Silverstone case I used. I have a nice little spreadsheet comaring case sizes, and the Cubitek case is roughly three times the volume of the SG05.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682587

true

it is classified as a mini dtx case

slightly taller than a micro atx cube case

but lots of room for full length video cards as well as tall cpu heatsinks

Back