• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 & 5750 are out on newegg now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm glad i waited to upgrade my 3850. anything in the new line should be much better than what i have now.

i'm glad i waited to upgrade my 3850. anything in the new line should be much better than what i have now.

yea from what i've read people are saying the 5770 is on par with the 4870 perhaps + DirectX 11 capable

I like 5770 , cooler is very nice and considering how little power these cards consume should be very quite .But it will have to hit 120 $ before i bite :D

Pretty dissapointed with the HD5770, it is slower by 10% than the 4870 but costs more, and loses out to the GTX260 216 most of the time in reviews...
So vs the HD4870 you lose a bit of performance for the DX11 support, and not many games are supporting it yet. Looking forward to the HD5870X2 though :p

HD5770 needs to cost less to make sense *right now* given street prices on other cards. DX11 and that other stuff is great but we have no way of knowing how it will play out in the market nor how widespread games will be.

It's impressive in some ways but just *meh* overall...it's hard to call it an upgrade option unless you've got a much older card. It saddens me because unlike all other ATi launches for the last year+ it doesn't redefine price/performance it just fits right in.

This is an awesome card , did not redefine price performance ?. 4870 launched at a cool price tag of 279 $ , this is basically same performance for 160 $ + eyefinity dx11 and cooler operation .It cost more but only until 4870 old stock clears out , this card has a potential of being a 100 $ card , 4870 is 256 mm2 this is 180 mm2 :) Very much impressed by this card , like many others would like it cheaper tho .

Edit not because it is not worth the dough , just because am broke atm :(

Last edited:
Pretty dissapointed with the HD5770, it is slower by 10% than the 4870 but costs more, and loses out to the GTX260 216 most of the time in reviews...
So vs the HD4870 you lose a bit of performance for the DX11 support, and not many games are supporting it yet. Looking forward to the HD5870X2 though :p

4870 doesn't have eyefinity. also since this is suppose to be a more mainstream card not everyone plays @ 1080P, 1200P or 1600P, so for those that play at let's say 720P and below a card like this could set them up for 2 generations of releases.

wow well that was disappointing lol... how about the eyefinity thing does it have that?

Look above, if you had clicked on any of the reviews this question is answered

HD5770 needs to cost less to make sense *right now* given street prices on other cards. DX11 and that other stuff is great but we have no way of knowing how it will play out in the market nor how widespread games will be.

It's impressive in some ways but just *meh* overall...it's hard to call it an upgrade option unless you've got a much older card. It saddens me because unlike all other ATi launches for the last year+ it doesn't redefine price/performance it just fits right in.

Isn't redefining what the 5870 & 5850 is suppose to do?

but after all, i'm gunning for an xfx 5850 i think. was gonna go with 5870 but cannot justify spending $120 more for the gains, i'll just buy and after market gpu cooler and ram sinks, overclock it and save about $50 bucks overall.

I dont see this card as a failure, its basically a 4870 with 1GB, DX11 capable, and a much lower power consumption. This card will probably cost 90 bucks in 3 months.

Of course launch prices will be expensive until the 4800 series stock is depleted. ATI isnt stupid... they arent going to trash their old generation so they can sell the new one at the same price. Just wait 2-3 months.... by the time GT300 hits... prices will be MUCH lower.

*drool* 5750 might just be the perfect HTPC card at the moment. jobrien2001 is probably right though prices shouldn't hold for long.

On second thought, 4770 never did come down. Hmm.

*drool* 5750 might just be the perfect HTPC card at the moment. jobrien2001 is probably right though prices shouldn't hold for long.

On second thought, 4770 never did come down. Hmm.

way to much power for a htpc but then again there is no such thing as to much :p

If you've got an HTPC hooked up to a 1080p TV and still want to keep power consumption of the system way down while adding decent gaming capability, I can think of no better card then the 5750. Can you?

Back