• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was pretty happy with my internet speed until I saw this thread this morning. I live out in the country & have satellite (all I can get) NOW I'M BUMMED OUT:mad::bang head

Attachments

• speedtest.PNG
    speedtest.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 86
I was pretty happy with my internet speed until I saw this thread this morning. I live out in the country & have satellite (all I can get) NOW I'M BUMMED OUT:mad::bang head

:thup:

HugesNet!!! Xplornet (my ISP) uses HugesNet's networks, so I know your pain :(

As promised, the wifi speeds at my college:

Against the server in college:
3367758676.png
Against a server in Toronto:
3367756774.png

u mad bro? :D

EDIT: There. Finally got the images. :bang head

Last edited:
One is 'bro'. :p

That said, its still not close to:

...unless the second image gets it there.

Still smokin for wireless though! :)

Well, that was last semester, and there was no more than 200 students in the college (summer semester, so everyone else was on summer break)

But I'll defiantly do another test for you guys this summer. (I have yet another summer semester :cry: No summer break for me)

speed1.jpg
Not the greatest, not the worst. Ping is a bit high for what I would like to see. I'm either going to change my router to a pfsense or a wrt1900 when its released, I haven't decided yet. I use to run a smoothwall that was all wired but am interested in trying the pfsense and adding the wifi to it as well and remove my 10/100 switch and place a small gig switch in.

Last edited:
well it's 3am and I'm at work, so I'll run a test of my VM's internet connection...

Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding a local server that can handle my connection...fastest I've tested is around 750 down and 830 up.

3405418939.png

edit: Found my usual test server, had to go and manually set it in the settings. I think I should be able to get my emails on time :)

3405429462.png

well it's 3am and I'm at work, so I'll run a test of my VM's internet connection...

Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding a local server that can handle my connection...fastest I've tested is around 750 down and 830 up.

3405418939.png

edit: Found my usual test server, had to go and manually set it in the settings. I think I should be able to get my emails on time :)

3405429462.png

:drool:

I thought my college's internet was fast......
WOW that's blazing fast!!!

:drool:

I thought my college's internet was fast......
WOW that's blazing fast!!!

It's actually limited by my machine's network card, otherwise who knows what I could get. I guess 10Gbps would be the most I could easily get in one link, faster network adapters than that are kinda hard to come by. But then it would be a challenge to find a server that could take a 10Gbps connection :attn:

It's actually limited by my machine's network card, otherwise who knows what I could get. I guess 10Gbps would be the most I could easily get in one link, faster network adapters than that are kinda hard to come by. But then it would be a challenge to find a server that could take a 10Gbps connection :attn:

Just an FYI, copper NIC cards have a 10 Gbps hard limit. It's physically impossible for copper media to have speeds over 10 Gbps.

I just finished a presentation on gigabit Ethernet & Fiber media ;)
I was actually surprised to learn about that limit TBH.

But srsly, who needs more than 10 Gbps? :D

Regardless, you have speeds over 650 Mbps!!! :rock: :attn:

Got a new router.. Sppedtest shows the same speeds, but everything loads much faster now. Think it was a packet handling issue with the old router. Now, when the test starts, it immediately goes to max speed without hesitation, with the old router it had to.. accelerate? Didn't reach max speed till about halfway through the download and upload tests.

Wish I could test my host.. It's 10Gb/S - 505Mb/S.

Alas, since I pay for external hosting. I degraded my home connection. While good for hosting Overclockix.. torrents. (Which could use user input and user support.) Here's my home connection.

3444467888.png

STILL BEING THROTTLED! :mad: :mad: :bang head

My bandwidth should have reset today, but they are still reducing me to 20Kb/s downloads!!!

3445235585.png

And as you can see, it says I am in British Columbia... I don't understand why my packets travel to BC then go to the destination.

EDIT: Soo yeah. My bandwidth resets on the 3rd of every month... and I did my downloading after the 3rd :bang head
So I'll get full speeds after May 3rd :(

Last edited:
Back