• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800GT Vgpu and Vmem modded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Just finished modding this card and she is going strong, there a few pics kicking around but there not the best, so i will post a few of the mods i did for future reference if needed:thup:

Vgpu mod with Vgpu read point
SAM_4341 (4000 x 3000) (3000 x 2250).jpg
Vmem mod with Vmem read point
SAM_4342 (4000 x 3000) (3000 x 2250).jpg
Trimmers
SAM_4343 (4000 x 3000).jpg

Just put a little read point on for vGPU and they are great little things and accurate lol, saves setting up the multimeter, think I will put another one on the vMem

1AFC0082-4D9D-4611-B0CF-02A6AE30753E_zpssv7ht9ue.jpg

I really like your voltage gauge attached. Tell us a little about that. What it is and a closer pic.
How is the card going to do?

wish I had a clue where to even begin V Modding, I'd love to try this on one of my 7600 gt's. I just put all new caps in them so they should be good to go, only if.

Nice job Keny hope you get some nice boints out of it.

I really like your voltage gauge attached. Tell us a little about that. What it is and a closer pic.
How is the card going to do?

Sorry about the slow response, been a busy few days. That little monitor is a cheap voltage meter bought of eBay (obviously from Hong Kong) for a few $, if you get one you will need to get a 3 wire version, not the 2, as they run from a minimum of between 2.5-4.5v to function and the voltage running through a 2 wire one once soldered won't be high enough, so a 3 wire one can take power from the power plug (psu connection) and then read from the read point with the other wire, there really simple to do and surprisingly accurate, plus they look cool ;) card looks messy but I will sort the wires out when I get time, I have a pot on the way so once it turns up I will give it a whirl and see how it does, got to be worth a few boints at least, even if its not, its good fun modding them anyway.

Where to solder the volt display to card
360F8DD4-35F3-4585-B3F7-297B87C6E686_zpse7na0oqv.jpg

I normally don't venture into the holy lands of competitive benchmarking, but I'm glad I did, those voltage meters look like they could come in handy. Just ordered a couple.

I need to get back into vmodding. Last time I tried was trying to get an 8600GTS to 1ghz on the GPU. When software fails, start poking at it with metal objects :D

Back