• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Converting a Qnap 419p+ Need HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xicaque

Registered
I am so fed up with my Qnap 419 P+ NAS box. I've decided to convert it and run FREENAS. I currently own another 8 bay box running FREENAS and it has been excellent.

I've run into a roadblock. The backplane (that is the only name I know it goes by) from the Qnap is a proprietary board.

I am using this MOBO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157466

I've purchased two of these for a good price. The road block is on the backplane. I've searched one whole day for a 4 HDD backplane but I am finding singles or tripple HDDs only.

This is what came out of the Qnap

IMG_3637_zps1880d6ae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3638_zpsd5a53ed4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If this is posted to the wrong part of the forum, I am sorry. I am still learning this great forum.

Anyone got any suggestions as I feel that I can still get good use of the case.
Thank you for the help!!
:salute:

only thing I could think to do is build one, as it's a part that's manufactured for one thing from one company only finding something compatible will be most likely impossible.

Can you provide me more info on how to build one? I am very good at DIY projects. I am just new into building PCs and related gear. Thanks for the help!

I don't know if I would be best to do that, lets see if we can get a more senior member that knows a lot more than me in here to help you.

Back