• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small mods on 540 air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeckulz

Registered
In prep for eventual watercooling I decided to order some stuff online.
Some 1.2mm alu, black vinyl, socket cap bolts, cable combs and some
3.5->5.25 converter brackets.

Can you see where this is going?

Heres, how it all started, I wanted more black in the bottom of the case

So I removed the stickers and vinyl'd the drives

But that wasn't black enough. Although I'm still in the planning/research phase of going into WC, I wanted to prep my case for WC (I want an Alphacool Monsta LOL) and atleast make it look a little better while still AC.
So the bank card came out and I went E-shopping.
When everything was ordered I stripped my case out and put everything on my makeshift bench

And heres the shots of mid-work and all installed and lovely.
I'm pretty pleased with myself

Looking good!
You'll probably need to cut that lower plate to accommodate a front radiator, FYI.

Check out the build log in my signature.
I keep forgetting to get better final pictures, but it should give you an idea or two.

Looking good!
You'll probably need to cut that lower plate to accommodate a front radiator, FYI.

Yeah, I've seen a few build logs where this has been the case.
It's no issue, its easy enough to dremel cut the 1.2mm alu with diamond tip discs.

I'm also giving consideration to plating off the area not covered off by the mobo and make the cable holes smaller, just to make the mobo tray look less cluttered.

I'm eventually shooting for the whole 'bare essentials' thing.

Thanks for the tip though man :)

Yeah, I've seen a few build logs where this has been the case.
It's no issue, its easy enough to dremel cut the 1.2mm alu with diamond tip discs.

I'm also giving consideration to plating off the area not covered off by the mobo and make the cable holes smaller, just to make the mobo tray look less cluttered.

I'm eventually shooting for the whole 'bare essentials' thing.

Thanks for the tip though man :)

Oh, absolutely easy to do, just didn't want you to get surprised on that :)

Can't wait to see what you do, the attention to detail is already great!

Back