• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how the flying kite are you guys getting such high speeds? im mining at ypool and im getting conly 156c/m. is there another miner i can use with ypool to get more c/m? i even overclocked to 4.4ghz and im still not having much luck.

how the flying kite are you guys getting such high speeds? im mining at ypool and im getting conly 156c/m. is there another miner i can use with ypool to get more c/m? i even overclocked to 4.4ghz and im still not having much luck.

Using xolo's AVX miner my wifes 2500K @ 4.0Ghz is getting ~170c/m

Has anyone had an issue with payouts not showing up for a while??? I had that issue with the wallet not synching right earlier but I reset it and it caught up. Still my last payout is still not appearing in the wallet yet and its been several hours.

Hi guys,

I want to add Bitcoin as a form of payment, whenever I'm selling something on the forums, I'm not looking to mine. Did some looking around, and there are a lot of wallet applications, I'm having a hard time trusting any of them. Which app is safe to use ?

Hi guys,

I want to add Bitcoin as a form of payment, whenever I'm selling something on the forums, I'm not looking to mine. Did some looking around, and there are a lot of wallet applications, I'm having a hard time trusting any of them. Which app is safe to use ?

Bitpay or Coinbase are good for that, and I think you can't use it as a means of payment here...you should ask hokie or rolling thunder in particular.

Classifieds are permissible to sell things for crypto coin, but you cant sell the coin itself. They prefer you also list a fiat value with your items, so if your going to be accepting it as an additional option your good to go.

Hi guys,

If security is the issue, use BitcoinQT or Armory. I can vouch for both of those clients and they are endorsed by bitcoin.org.

I recently sold my Bitcoin stash at 780 USD to 1 BTC last monday. XD

been mining for 2.5 yrs, though the return rate now is terrible due to added competition from China (I think), the operation of BTC mining was worth it. Overall, I had 108 BTC mined, and I sold 100 of them already. XD

Anyone else having the new miner "glitch"? After mining last night, I woke up to see hundreds of collisions that were never sent to the server :(

I've told xolokram, maybe he can help.

I recently sold my Bitcoin stash at 780 USD to 1 BTC last monday. XD

been mining for 2.5 yrs, though the return rate now is terrible due to added competition from China (I think), the operation of BTC mining was worth it. Overall, I had 108 BTC mined, and I sold 100 of them already. XD

Wanna buy me a new mining rig? :p
Very nice man! :thup:

Wanna buy me a new mining rig? :p
Very nice man! :thup:

I was surprised when I woke up seeing it trading at 800+ crazy. most of this year it was just around 180 - 280 USD... Since I was hoping to get a new car, I told myself "bleh, never say no to money" and sold. :)

I am quite psyched too. :)

If BTC can hold its price and XPM rises some more, I'll get a 780TI instead of a 780. I still regret not selling my XPM when it was worth 1 BTC though. Could have had nearly a full system upgrade with 1 BTC offsetting the cost.

Well I must be pretty lucky.

Sorting through my dads old computer parts pile looking for compatible ram, I stumbled on my brothers old computer that my dad never got around to fixing. It had been just sitting there for a few years.

Q9650 - 3.0GHz quad
P5Q Premium
4GB DDR2-1200 Gskill

Umm. Yeah. MINE! (Get it?)

I was surprised when I woke up seeing it trading at 800+ crazy. most of this year it was just around 180 - 280 USD... Since I was hoping to get a new car, I told myself "bleh, never say no to money" and sold. :)

I am quite psyched too. :)

Did you get it off the exchange yet, or did you just sell the btc? I'm wondering what your plan is to get the usd off because I may need to sell a couple in the near future for some college costs. :-(

Well I must be pretty lucky.

Sorting through my dads old computer parts pile looking for compatible ram, I stumbled on my brothers old computer that my dad never got around to fixing. It had been just sitting there for a few years.

Q9650 - 3.0GHz quad
P5Q Premium
4GB DDR2-1200 Gskill

Umm. Yeah. MINE! (Get it?)

amazing find! and for that, i give you a emoticon for each part you found!

:clap: :attn: :rock:

also, i found this.

and i wanted to say that i primecoin is at 0.002 bitcoin (almost!) so i am buying it and mining it till i can get 0.1 bitcoin.

Did you get it off the exchange yet, or did you just sell the btc? I'm wondering what your plan is to get the usd off because I may need to sell a couple in the near future for some college costs. :-(
I was wondering this too, but it seems he is in japan. I think I heard that in japan you can withdraw mtgox to your bank account. No USA banking issues.

I have been trying to decide at what point I will cash out. This assumes a lot...for example optimism that price continues to go up.
Do I cash out now or when I have equivalent of:
1 yr wages
2yrs wages
equivalent value of my mortgage
equivalent value of my mortgage + planned renovations
or hold out to be a millionaire or more?
When I could retire?
Just leave it as an additional retirement funding?

Edit: Also I feel that risk would go up the longer I leave it untouched. From increased regulation, risk from bitcoin failure etc. So that makes me think that I could cash out half at one of the equivalents listed above, then leave the rest longer term, too.

Last edited:
I was wondering this too, but it seems he is in japan. I think I heard that in japan you can withdraw mtgox to your bank account. No USA banking issues.

I have been trying to decide at what point I will cash out. This assumes a lot...for example optimism that price continues to go up.
Do I cash out now or when I have equivalent of:
1 yr wages
2yrs wages
equivalent value of my mortgage
equivalent value of my mortgage + planned renovations
or hold out to be a millionaire or more?

When I could retire?
Just leave it as an additional retirement funding?

Edit: Also I feel that risk would go up the longer I leave it untouched. From increased regulation, risk from bitcoin failure etc. So that makes me think that I could cash out half at one of the equivalents listed above, then leave the rest longer term, too.

How much BTC do you have?!? :drool:

I'm not sure how much more BTC can rise...

haha. Not as much as I would have had, if I had been more persistent about mining and less persistent on spending what I had received...

That statement above makes it seem like I have much more than I really do. But if you read some speculation over at BTC forums, there are people that claim $/BTC will go very high. I am not as optimistic as some, but I hope that it goes up a bit more. I have one of those goals picked out. I have resolved to wait for it or get nothing. We shall see which happens first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back