• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth Overclocking a AMD phenom ii x4 955 3,5ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is how it looks now... havnt tried gaming today yet, but thats what i do :D BF4 a couple of hours a week, :D

But its just fun to learn about this and maybe make the rig work a bit better :bang head

Attachments

• sloth2.jpg
    sloth2.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 208
4.0 is the good for that CPU. Not everyone can attain that in them but most will do it with good motherboard and good cooling. 4.0 is what we shoot for on those CPUs with air cooling.

here we go

JEDEC 1 is 444mhz

Attachments

• memsped.jpg
    memsped.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 183
I got my first bluescreen right now when playing BF4.... just played for 20min. last time it worked perfect so have no clue what happend now

HT link frequency is a little high. I'd start there. Temps are IMO, on the edge. Deneb's teeter around 55c. Get it under 50c.

HT link frequency is a little high. I'd start there. Temps are IMO, on the edge. Deneb's teeter around 55c. Get it under 50c.

have no clue what the HT link is :/ But i clocked it down to 18x and 3900mhz and it workes great now... played with extended mode on two screens to play on one and se the temp on one and it maxed out on 50 in the cores. never up more then that

cpu temp never up more the 44

Well dropping the cpu multiplier did not change the HT Link Frequency, but it seems the 3.9Ghz is just what the doctor ordered up. Dropping the multiplier did remove some heat by lowering the overall cpu clock so that took the cpu below the teetering cpu heat spot. Luck man.
RGone...

Well dropping the cpu multiplier did not change the HT Link Frequency, but it seems the 3.9Ghz is just what the doctor ordered up. Dropping the multiplier did remove some heat by lowering the overall cpu clock so that took the cpu below the teetering cpu heat spot. Luck man.
RGone...

i found the HT link frequenzy but what should i put it on? If i down the HT freq i can up the memory clock? or is it a even situation?

Better with high HT or with high mem clock?

The HT Link frequency will not overclock very much with stability on that series of CPU. Best to adjust it so as to keep it between 1800 and 2100 mhz. Lowering it from stock somewhat will have no real negative effect on performance. Stock is 2000 mhz. Usually, the adjustment is a multiplier where 10x would be the stock setting. Yes, if your HT Link is exceeding about 2100 mhz it may be causing instability so cut it back. It is tuned to the system bus so when you increase the system bus the HT Link gets bigger. That's the problem. So cut it back manually if it has gotten too big.

The HT Link frequency will not overclock very much with stability on that series of CPU. Best to adjust it so as to keep it between 1800 and 2100 mhz. Lowering it from stock somewhat will have no real negative effect on performance. Stock is 2000 mhz. Usually, the adjustment is a multiplier where 10x would be the stock setting. Yes, if your HT Link is exceeding about 2100 mhz it may be causing instability so cut it back. It is tuned to the system bus so when you increase the system bus the HT Link gets bigger. That's the problem. So cut it back manually if it has gotten too big.

Okey. I will make a run This week to down the ht to 9.5x or 9x and try to run the 4.1ghz again. It works Great now tho. Played for maybe 4 hours today and no crashes or lags

Back