• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 with Vishera 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would leave it where it is "922" as far as the DRam Frequency goes and try tightening the timings with it set here.

From your previous post:
I will change the ram frequency to 1600 roughly and reboot. I was planning on trying the xmp2 profile specs all at once after setting the frequency back.
I don't think you should do the above, it's stable where it is so if you change one of the timings and it becomes unstable then you know the culprit.

OK. When my OS backup is done, I'll try only changing the class to 10 from 1. Thanks, I wasn't clear on your suggestion

Running Prime blend now with 10,11,11,30,30 and 2T at 1.65 volts. 8 minutes in and running fine. If it passes 20 minutes, what should I do next?

CL at 10

Here are the screen shots of the ram at 10,11,11,30,40 2T with the ram frequency the same at 1840mhz. Should I leave well enough alone here or take a next step towards further tightening the timings?

Attachments

• cpu-4499.png
    cpu-4499.png
    110 KB · Views: 147
  • memory-4500.png
    memory-4500.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 161
  • HWMonitor.PNG
    HWMonitor.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 147
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 147
Running Prime blend now with 10,11,11,30,30 and 2T at 1.65 volts. 8 minutes in and running fine. If it passes 20 minutes, what should I do next?
10-11-11-30-40?

Try 9-11-11-30-40

Then I'd try 9-10-11-30 or 8-11-11-30 it's all going to be trial and error from here. You may also try running Super Pi 32 or Hyper Pi 32m to test for stability.

Ok, I got as tight as 9,10,11,30,40 before it BSOD. I set it back to hereand am running the 2 hour Prime blend. I'll let you know if it passes. I am happy at this point with the results and don't want to push it any further. Hopefully it will pass.

Final Overclock

It passed the 2 hour Prime95 blend with the tighter RAM settings. I am going to say that my overclock is now done to my liking. I might not have gotten my RAM all of the way up to 2133, but I think I did pretty well. My Vcore is still under 1.4 and my CPU/NB voltage is only 1.25. I'll take a 4.5 overclock with RAM timings of 9,10,11,30,40. Anything tighter and it BSOD right away. Thank you all again for your help, tutalage, and patience. The ambient room temperature has gone up quite a bit while the Prime was running. Finally warmer weather here in NY.[SOLVED]

Attachments

• HWMonitor.PNG
    HWMonitor.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 143
  • cpu-4499.png
    cpu-4499.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 143
  • memory-4499.png
    memory-4499.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 142
Yep, I was able to get the RAS# Precharge down to 10. I tried to get the RAS# to CAS# delay to 9, but no go. Do you think all of the rest of the timings look good?

If they work yes they're good. If you can lower them more and still be stable then all the better. Every cpu is different and every set of ram is as well. Even if they are the same brand one cpu and/or set of stick will clock differently. Same goes for different platforms, for instance I have a set of G.Skill Ripjaw sticks I use for benching. They are 2133's with 7-10-7 timings, in my 4770k platform I can run them at 2200 8-10-7-26. My Fx doesn't seem to like running anything over 2k stable but they will do 7-9-6-23 at around 2k on the Fx. It's all trial and error.

Something else you may want to try is getting the NB Freq up to where the Ht Link is 2538 and seeing if it's stable there. It will give you a bit of a performance increase if you can get it stable there.

The best I could do with stability is 9,10,9. What about the last 2 #'s? the 30, 40 and 2T?

You should be able to knock a few off of those as well. You'll probably need to leave it at 2T though for all that ram.

I ran out of time for testing and tweaking today. I have gotten the timings down pretty well so far I think. I am currently running a 20 minute prime on 9,10,9,26,40, and 1T. I haven't finished pushing the tRAS down yet. I wanted to see if I was stable at 1T for the boost it should give. If I pass my current 20 minute prime, I will continue to push down the tRAS until not stable and then go back to the lower stable before trying to push down the tRC. Am I headed in the right direction hear? Now that it seems stable at 1T, I want to push down the tRAS and tRC to the lowest points they are stable, correct?

Edit... I just had a couple of workers fail. I am going to put the tRAS back up to 27 and see if I am stable. I would like to find stability for 1T.

Ok, I tried 9,10,9,27,40 1T and I had a worker drop there also. Am I better off raising the tRAS up until 1T is stable or am I better off just running 2T and having tRAS at 26 or lower?

The issue with lowering the CR to 1t is that your previous "stable" timings may not be stable anymore. So it's had to tell if lowering the CR is causing the issue or the TRAS.

That's true. Do you think I'd be better off with the command rate at 1T and higher timings or lower timings and 2T?

Back