• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 600w Game stream Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hey all .. Weird issue. I have a 600w OCZ . I had it attached to a dual core AMD 2.2 with 4 gigs of ram , several drives and burners as well as a 7800GTX video card. All Ran perfectly.

I set up a AMD 6core , HD5770 video card and 12 gigs of ram with 1 SSD and 1 DVD burner. I installed the OCZ supply and NADA it wont power on to save its life. I stripped system down part by part searching for beep codes or any build errors,Still nothing BUT when i went to unplug the power supply it would suddenly surge power and spin up for 1/2 a second.

So with rig sporting only the CPU I plugged in a bogus generic 400w ****** power supply and it powered right up and beeped like mad because I had no ram or video card in..

Re-tried OCZ BACK into the dual core rig and Presto it powered up and ran perfectly. Re-tried it in the new rig and nothing. So anxious to get new rig going I ran out and bought a 850 Thermaltake from best buy ( ewwwww) I was punked for real.

SO what is wrong with my 600 OCZ power supply ? ? ?

Combined the system i built would use nothing close to the 600 watts specs. So why is it a limp stick ?

Back