• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is enermax galaxy 800w enough??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlzla

Registered
title says it all really i have a chance at a enermax galaxy 850w psu and was just wondering if its enough to power my rig or even if they are a good psu, ive read some good reviews but just thought ide see wat you guys think.

my rig is pretty much the same as stated below but here it is again...

cpu- q6600 quad @ 3.4ghz
mobo- asus maximus 2 formula
ram- ocz platinum 4x1g sticks 800mhz
hdd- 1tb wd, 500gb maxtor, 80gb wd
gpu- ati radeon xfx 4890,s in crossfire

im also running 3 120mm case fans i have a antec veris media controller at the front and 1 optical drive, dominator ram cooler and a reserator xt water cooler i also have a fatal1ty x-fi soundcard to install, all of which use power.

any advice would be great, thx guys...

I'm pretty sure you can go with just a seasonic x series 750 watt modular psu.
Seasonic has some of the best ratings and their x series has the best power conservation. its gold certified.

title says it all really i have a chance at a enermax galaxy 850w psu and was just wondering if its enough to power my rig or even if they are a good psu, ive read some good reviews but just thought ide see wat you guys think.

my rig is pretty much the same as stated below but here it is again...

cpu- q6600 quad @ 3.4ghz
mobo- asus maximus 2 formula
ram- ocz platinum 4x1g sticks 800mhz
hdd- 1tb wd, 500gb maxtor, 80gb wd
gpu- ati radeon xfx 4890,s in crossfire

im also running 3 120mm case fans i have a antec veris media controller at the front and 1 optical drive, dominator ram cooler and a reserator xt water cooler i also have a fatal1ty x-fi soundcard to install, all of which use power.

any advice would be great, thx guys...

You're good to go, more than enough.

Galaxy is fine, its not the best, but its fine. Their revolution line was thier high end. With that said, its plenty as others have said or alluded to.

Back