• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Requirements for HD5770 CF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could easilyt get away with a COrsair 650TX.... 850 is a bit overkill for just 5770's in crossfire. BUt an 850 cant hurt your system, just your wallet. ;)

The 620HX is a fine choice for that system, but just be aware that (and the 650TX) wont allow much room for exandibility. I ran a GTX470 (which uses about the same power as 5770's in Crossfire) on a 650TX and it never flinched but I couldnt add another 470 to that mix. ANy single GPU would be fine and I would honestly suggest a 5850 or 470 over Crossfire SLI midrange cards.

Last edited:
yeah im only 16 and i dont have a job :p so i cant afford the higher range cards, i have ordered my first 5770, and maybe at Christmas or something ill order my second along with a power supply. if u get what i mean ;) 2x5770 CF will be fine for me for a few years anyway i was planning to overclock them to as i heard they overclock really well.

cheers for the help ;)

didnt want to make a new post and its realated so:
i have 1 sapphire HD5770 and my mate got a new card so he had a spare power colour HD5770 so im considering buying it, at the moment im testing it with my card but for some reason it seems to be no better than my single 5770? is there any reason for this? the clocks are all the same etc basically same card just different cooler. im getting a small increase in performance but not the amount i thought i would get. im getting about 32FPS in crysis? is that normal or low? and the psu is a zalman ZM600-HP 600W.

anyway thanks for your time.

Macarule

ps. forgot to mention, crysis is on max without AA.

Last edited:
Back