• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if you have a Radeon 64 mb ddr with vivo pls read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jason

have you tried to overclock it? if so how high did you get and what kind of quality you get from it

Hey I have that card!

I havent OC'ed it much yet, I want to get a new HSF first...Ive only taken it up to 200/200. Ran fine, got a few artifacts, so i put a slot cooler under the card, that fixed the problem.And i gained about 20 points in 3DMark.

I have mine at 206/206, but it'll handle a little higher if my room is nice and cool. I think most slot coolers are a waste of money when it comes to cooling video cards. Don't worry about overclocking it too much. The videocard will freeze the system or become unstable long before it needs a headstone and a nice burial :). Just remember to keep the numbers synchronous, because the Radeon likes it that way, and may ***** if you change it too too much :). Happy overclocking!

my radeon was clocked at 205 (core) and 215 (memory)with the stock hsf and i didnt really push it yet.its on a t-bird 900 @900 kt7a i know it will go more just dont trust the stock cooling, and i want to add some heatsinks to the ram then ill be a little more bold.

harderclock (Jun 12, 2001 09:58 p.m.):
my radeon was clocked at 205 (core) and 215 (memory)with the stock hsf and i didnt really push it yet.its on a t-bird 900 @900 kt7a i know it will go more just dont trust the stock cooling, and i want to add some heatsinks to the ram then ill be a little more bold.

It dosn't mind being that much out of synch?

I just fired mine to 205/210 and it seems to like that just fine. At 205/215 it starts getting flakey. Strange, I always heard that these cards don't like being run out of synch.

it seemed to work for me but i wont keep it at those settings.i would play a couple of games just to test it out or do some benchmarking but the 183mhz default is plenty for any game im playing so why shorten the lifespan of my card for nothing

I've had mine at 200/200 fine, but it started giving me trouble. If I need the performance, I usually put it up to 193/193 before I start my game and its been great like that. This is with stock cooling though, and at the time I only had mediocre case cooling. A lot of people have had luck with ram sinks and new HSF's, but I've heard the HSF's are hard to replace. I haven't even bothered OC'ing it this summer due to the sheer heat and humidity. Full AC blast can't even keep it under 26C in here!

I have gotten mine as high as 233/218. You see the bigest increase in performance as you increase the RAM's speed. The GPU speed doesn't make as big an impact. The Radeon's do like to have the GPU and RAM run at the same speed but I did not notice any problems when I ran them at different rates but I also didn't get much more performance out of it. As far as 3DMark scores I get somewhere in the 6100 range for 2000 and almost at 3500 for 2001. Happy clocking!

I just plugged my radon 64mb DDR in replace of my Geforce 32mb DDR...

my score in 2k1 jumped 700 points....

gonna start toying withOC now...

its at 211.5/211.5...

I don't see anything wrong with windows, define "flaky"

I just got mine today, what program is the best for o'cing it?? With my sys oc'd 3DMark 2k1 will start but then it will terminate and go back to windows??

I just ordered that same card this morning! It's gonna replace my tired V5! Actually I want faster, & smoother 32bit color mainly. Something the V5 just doesnt do well for me. And I picked it up for $161.00 shipping included in that price. So thats not to bad. If anyone wants to buy a V5, I got mine up for sale on Ebay.

MooT (Jun 21, 2001 04:14 p.m.):
I just got mine today, what program is the best for o'cing it?? With my sys oc'd 3DMark 2k1 will start but then it will terminate and go back to windows??

I use two different programs. I have Radeon Tweaker and RadTweak, (I think that is what the second one is called, I am on the road and currently using my laptop and I don't remember, I'll check when I get home), The second one is nice as it incorporates itself into the advanced settings of the display properties like the ATI stuff does.

I had the same problem when I first installed 3DMark 2001. Try updating your video drivers. Make sure that you find some detailed instructions on removing the ATI drivers as it can cause problems if you don't do it right. Also make sure that you have Direct X 8 loaded. And try going back to your stock speeds. I found starting from a nonoverclocked system, (ie stock settings on the CPU, FSB, and video card), and working my way back up made 3DMark 2001 much happier. Good luck.

183/183 stock
201/201 now

No artifacts usually. Use RAID-ON Tweaker. Blorb on the GPU, blue heatsinks on the memory.

I play CS at 1024x678 with the Radeon maxed for quality and NEVER drop below 100 FPS in CS. Throw all the smoke grenades you want......

Yo, my card ROCKS!!!! I've got it at 230/230 so far and no artifacts yet....going to go play some Unreal Tournament and see how it does!!!!
I might have to buy some heatsinks and such eventually, but as of now its as stock as can be!!!!

Back