• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me how to make HDMI work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfunk

I got Biostar TA790GX that I'm trying to connect to my Samsung LCD TV. I can't seem to find a way to make it work. Any suggestions?

Need way more info. How are you connecting, VGA, DVI, HDMI? What's not working, no output at all, weird resolution, fuzzy image, etc? What software are you using?

I'm using onboard HDMI port since my video card doesn't have one. I didn't know I had to use software for the display... I was trying to figure out on display setting on windows. So a display program is a must?

The problem might be that the computer wants to use the video card instead of the onboard. If the video card has two DVI outputs you can get an adapter for DVI to HDMI fairly cheap, and you wouldn't have to fiddle with the software as much.
Other things to check for is if you have downloaded the latest driver for the HDMI port:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/driver.php?S_ID=374
(HDMI is at the bottom)
I don't know about HDMI, but my WinXP computer won't recognise my S-video unless it's plugged in during boot.

I concur with the video board interfering with the onboard video's hdmi port.
It is my understanding that when a video board is added to such a system with onboard graphics, then the add in video card will become the primary and default video adapter.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the onboard video is dead, it just means you won't get a display on it until you tell Windows to use it, assuming the video driver permits it.
My CCC shows this stuff under "Displays Manager."

The problem might be that the computer wants to use the video card instead of the onboard. If the video card has two DVI outputs you can get an adapter for DVI to HDMI fairly cheap, and you wouldn't have to fiddle with the software as much.
Other things to check for is if you have downloaded the latest driver for the HDMI port:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/driver.php?S_ID=374
(HDMI is at the bottom)
I don't know about HDMI, but my WinXP computer won't recognise my S-video unless it's plugged in during boot.

I downloaded that when I was installing all the drivers but noticed that it was HD audio driver...

I'll check for the adapter and I should also make sure onboard graphics is enabled in bios.

Back