• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qaztox

Hello, guys. Im new to this forum and i have some questions.

Im building a gaming PC for the first time ever. So i have a few questions for you Overclockers. Heres my build, and the parts i am going to buy. There is missing a few, but the parts that is not on the list is coming soon.

Intel i-7 3770K (LGA115)
EVGA GTX 670
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (LGA115)
Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition Case
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB Harddrive.

But the question is, should i overclock. Im not going to use watercooling, and i have heard it really hard to do without destroying your CPU, if you havent got watercooling.

But is it worth overclocking my CPU, what is your guys oppinion.

Qaztox

:welcome: to OCForums!

Top tier CPUs like the 3770K do not need to be overclocked for almost all uses. However, the 3770K is really easy to overclock since it is a K CPU, meaning that all you have to do is change the CPU multiplier. Personally, I would also manually set the CPU voltage since Auto usually supplies more voltage than needed, but doing this isn't required. You could should get 3.9-4.0GHz (maybe more) with stock voltage since the CPU's Turbo is 3.9GHz. Water cooling definitely isn't required, but an aftermarket air cooler is recommended at least.

Thanks man, i really like this awesome forum. And the short responsetime. Thanks

Back