• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Sled Acrylic Tech Bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You said it ih... man, that's looking mighty nice there JS! :beer:

Quite an organized guy too I see... ;)

# Update 10-24-2009

In this Update I have wired the Power Reset Switches, LED,s for PWR - HDD activity and Mounted them, also Mounted the PCB LED power Resistor board on its own little Sled Plexi Rails, and wired LED Power Switch to control the Case LED Lighting,

Also did some more work on the HDD Cage , Cut out my insignia JS into the Plexi,
and Mounted in The Sled

Now there is also a Special Part of this Update and I think everyone has been anxiously waiting for, the Unveiling of the Plexi,
Well Stay Tuned as it is coming right up , see below!!!

PCB Board for Resistors Powering LEDs, and LED Power Switch

PCBMountingSleds.jpg

HDD Cage with Insignia Cut-out

JSHDDCageAnlgledView.jpg

JSHDDCage.jpg

JSHDDSideView.jpg

Now lets get The Sled Naked and Unveil the Plexi

The Sled Unveiled Pics

UnvielingPlexiSled.jpg

PlexiUnveiledHDDCageJS.jpg

UnvieledallNakedPlexi.jpg

UunvieledSideView.jpg

UnveiledSideViewPSU.jpg

UnveiledFrontView.jpg

That's all for NOW!!!

Have some more Pics on the way too of the DVD Drive - Card Reader bay Cages
Also some Lighting Up the Sled Pics too Unveiled, very soon going to have Diner first, so keep ya in suspense till then,,,,jajajaja​

Lookin' good, can't wait to see it all finished up and full of parts!

Thanks pejsaboy, just waiting on Parts coming from USA (Motherboard) & Canada (PSU), before I can put the Hardware in.

The PSU from Canada that Oklahoma Wolf is sending will go in my Main Rig and then swap my PSU to Wifes Rig and her PSU to use in The Sled

This ECS p45t-a skt775 Motherboard from ihrsetrdr, will be used in The Sled

# Update 10-25-2009

Today did some cable routing and management for the LED Lighting

Cable management

Cablemanagement.jpg

The Led Lighting Unveiled

TheSledLEDLighting-Unveiled.jpg

Side View LED Lighting Unveiled

TheSledLEDLightingSideView.jpg

The Sled Tech Bench View LED Lighting Unveiled

TheSledLEDLighting.jpg

That,s all in this Update ,, going to work on some Ideas have been cooking for some Fan grills,

Stay Tuned!!​

# Update 10-27-2009

This Update will incorporate Making Top Fan Grill for the 2 Top Exhaust Fans, Mounting the Fans, and Testing them ,

Making the Top Fan Grill,
Decided to make a Acrylic Plexi Fan Grill for the Top fans

Cutting Out the Plexi for the Fan Grill

CuttingoutTopFanGrill.jpg

Clean Up & Filing the Cutouts for Fan Grill

FilingTopFanGrill.jpg

As well as Filing I also used this Dremel tool In the Ozito Rotary Tool

DremelBitusedonOzitoRotaryTool.jpg

The Top Fan Grill

TopFanGrill.jpg

Had to run down to the Hardware Shop to get some Screws to Mount the Fans, using 5/32" x 25mm Metal Threads

Antec Fans, Screws and Fan Grill
AntecFansScrewsandGrill.jpg

120mm Fans Installed in the Top

AntecFansMounted.jpg

Fan Grill Installed

TopFanGrillMounted.jpg

Installed 120mm Side Fan and Fan Grill,
Although I think I will make another for the Side Intake, similar to the Top one!

Tested all OK and Now Lighting Up with Fans Too!

LightingwithFansInstalled.jpg

Angled View Lighting with Fans Installed

AngledViewLightingFansInstalled.jpg

Well that about it for this Update,,

Stay Tuned for more soon!!​

awsome case im ready to see this thing is some action

Thanks sephiroth_749,

Just waiting on Hardware Parts coming from USA (Motherboard) & Canada (PSU), before I can put the Hardware in.

The PSU from Canada that Oklahoma Wolf is sending will go in my Main Rig and then swap my PSU to Wifes Rig and her PSU to use in The Sled

This ECS p45t-a skt775 Motherboard from ihrsetrdr, will be used in The Sled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Update 10-28-2009

Just a small Update today, made another Acrylic Fan Grill to match the Top Fan Grill, this one will go on the 120mm Side Intake Fan.

Cutting-out new 120mm Acrylic Fan Grill

120mmAcrylicFanGrill.jpg

Mounted Acrylic 120mm Side Fan Grill

20mmSideAcrylicFanGrill.jpg

Close-up Of Side Acrylic Fan Grill

Close-upSideFanGrill.jpg

Also put some Strong Black Fibreglass Fly wire behind Grill as this is an Intake Fan will help keep the Dust Bunnies Out,,,

Well that's all folks for Todays Update!!

Stay tuned for more to come soon!!​

#Update 10-30-2009

Not allot going on Today was hot here, and had bit of Headache, also Wife not well at the moment either, and the Heat hasnt been helping,

So just a Small Update,

Have been working on the Ozito Emblem, Put some Clear Film (like what you cover books with) to Test out how it looks Painted at back,

Also Made a The Sled Name badge too, from 3mm Acrylic

Working on Ozito and Sled Badges

TheSledAcrylicNameEmblem.jpg

The Sled Name Badge

TheSledNameEmblem.jpg

The Ozito name Badge ( Testing Black Painted back)

OzitoBadge-Black.jpg

Not a big Update ,, so thats all for Now!

Stay Tuned for more soon!!​

# Update 11-5-2009

Today I Received a nice Parcel from a good Friend (ihrsetrdr) here @ OCForums, I recently Purchased an ECS-P45T-A - Black Series Motherboard from him and its now here.

The Parcel

ParcelMotherboard.jpg

The contents of the Parcel - The ECS-P45T-A Motherboard

ECSP45T-ABlackSeries.jpg

Contents of M/B Box

ContentsECS-Motherboard.jpg

The P45T-A Black Series Motherboard

This Motherboard is Dual PCi-E-16x v2.0 and X-fire Capable
Although I wont be doing X-Fire on it, Dont own or use ATI GPU,s but there will be 2x Nvida GPU,s going in for Folding@home GPUv2 (Most likely 2 x 8800GT,s)

ECSP45T-ABlackSeriesMotherboard.jpg

This Motherboard is so Nice it May even end up in My Main Rig and one of My other M/B,s may go into The Sled,
Still undecided on at the Moment, and also still waiting on My 750Watt PSU coming from Canada too!

That,s all for Now!

Stay Tuned!

I'm glad it got there finally. :clap:

Thanks ihrsetrdr, yes all nice a safely packed too for the long journey Downunder!!

Today is rather Hot in Mid 30C,s so A/C is running, bit hot and stuffy in Garage though, so when cools down a bit latter, will get around to testing out Mobo.

Will also have to Mod the PSU I have for testing to put in The Sled as cables to short especially the 4x ATX M/B power plug, need to extend them.

Stay Tuned for Updates Soon!! :)

very nice so far! of course i would have preferred green leds ;) cant wait to see it loaded up with some hardware!

# Update 11-10-2009

Just another Small Update Today will Include a few things,

*Mounting and Testing ECS-P45T-A motherboard,on Motherboard Tray.
*Make a Backplate for the Acrtic Cooler Freezer Extreme Heatsink
*Install Windows 7 for testing Purposes,

So first up I wasn't quite happy with the way the Arctic Cooling Freezer Extreme Mounted,
It has a Mounting plate and No Back plate just these tiny Pins that Lock the Mount Bracket in place on M/B

We all know how we hate those Push Pins on the Intel HSF and how in-effective they can be at times,

As with another of my HSF the Vendetta I did a Bolt Thru Mod on that, as well as the AC Freezer 7 pro

So here is My Solution to The AC Freezer Extreme Mounting,

First the intel Tiny Mount Pins

FreezerExtreememountpins.jpg

So I have made a Plexi Backplate for the Mounting Bracket

Making Plexi Backplate

MakingBackplate.jpg

Backplate-MountingBracket.jpg

Mounting Plate Installed on Backplate Bolt Thru

MountingPlateBolted-Motherboard.jpg

installing AC Freezer Extreme

ArcticCoolingFreezerExtreememounted.jpg

Side Angle View

ArcticCoolingFreezerExtreemeAngleVi.jpg

This HSF is a nice Beast too, and Now very secure, with my Backplate Bolt Thru Mod.

A little More of my Garage Workshop and Test Desk, Under the Desk is my Garage PC,
Testing the ECS Mobo in this Pic ( click for larger image)

MyGarageWorkAreaandTestingDesk.jpg

Installing Windows 7 for Test Purposes

InstallingWindows7.jpg

CPU-z showing E2200 used for Testing (click for larger image)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...uff/The Sled Tech Bench/The-SledCPUZe2200.jpg

and Memory for Testing Purpose (click for larger image)

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/...Stuff/The Sled Tech Bench/The-SledCPUZMem.jpg

Core Temp

CoreTempidleAmb-30C.jpg

Overall even though is only Idle Temps at the moment was quite impressed as Todays Ambient was 35.5C and in the Garage was 30C when I was doing the Work Today,

Still wont be able to put all the Hardware into The Sled Acrylic Tech bech as My New PSU hasnt arrive and had to mod the one used for testing as the 4 x PSU ATX power lead is too short and so is the 24 Pin ATX to reach the Mobo when Installed

So hopefully wont be to much longer getting here from Canada

That,s all for Now!

Stay Tuned!
-------------------------------------------------------------------​

Wow I must say very nice modding. Hope all goes well on that can't wait for more.

very nice so far! of course i would have preferred green leds ;) cant wait to see it loaded up with some hardware!

Thanks Guy,s for your comments,

Still waiting for PSU to arrive from Canada, so will be finally installing all the hardware then!

Last edited:
# Update 11-14-2009

TROJAN an NewModCity citizen wanted to know how did you made the LED circuit . Also a few Members from Here too, requested info

Today I have Put together a Tutorial on How I did the LED Circuit and PCB Board as a Request from TROJAN,and others too!

First off you need a PCB Vero Board which you can get from Most Electronic Parts outlets
EG- Radio Shack or an equivalent outlet!

vero500.jpg

The one I have Chosen ( Centred on Pic above) has alternating straight line RAIL,S and separate 2block segment Rows Between Rails

Some 560 Ohm Resistors, LEDS, and some Wire ( I have used some Speaker Cable)
Soldering Iron and Solder ( I use 1.0mm 60%tin/40%lead Hobby Solder)

Also Helps a Great Deal too If you have a PCB Holder too acts as an extra pair of hands.

Below is a Basic LED Layout Diagram of the Circuit I have Used for 17 LED.S

(Click Pics for larger image)
LEDseriesparallelarraywizard_125818.png

The only Difference to the Diagram Above is I have the + Positive Rail going to my Resistors, and Negitive Rail going to LEDS -negtive Leg

As you can see here I have started to put some of the Resistors on the PCB

LEDPCBDiagramsetup.jpg

And the reverse side showing the PCB Rails

LEDPCBDiagramRAILS.jpg

As you can see the Resistors go between the +12 volt Rail and one of the 2block Segment Rails, the the LED leads +positive go to the other end of Resistor and the -negative lead to the Negative Rail

Now if you have this all done correctly we have Power to LED.S :thup:

LEDcloserpic.jpg

Hope this will be Helpful to TROJAN, a NewModCity Citizen and any other Members here that needed to know how to power LED.S using a PCB Power Grid Array..

Stay Tuned for More Updates soon!

:comp:

Back