• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://kotaku.com/5845866/origin-ac...-playing-on-modded-battlefield-3-beta-servers

What a complete load of crap. Typical of EA. Always screw the consumer over. YOU (EA) shut down the Caspian Border servers, which were conquest and what people really wanted to see and experience. People just wanted to experience what the game really had to offer. Maybe you do a better job and keep "official" servers on a tighter leash.

All of my unlocks, everything is gone. All my points have been reset by EA. What complete crap. It's a freaking BETA. Stats will be reset anyways once the game is released on the 25th. Why does it matter?? God I'm so angry at EA for pulling a stunt like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Dave, take a chill pill man. Your language is quite strong for this forum. You've been here long enough to know that.

That goes for the others in this thread too. Please keep the language clean.

My apologies. I deleted my post out of respect. But I'm still very upset at EA.

On a positive note, it appears the game is running a tad smoother.

Oh, and this Texas Pete 'Hotter' Hot sauce is delicious on my hot pocket. That is all

(goes back to pwning n00bs)

I am a PC gamer, always will be. However. I canceled my pre-order on this one. The forum's are sad like. They claim they fixed all these problems were dealing with, but will not allow us to try this "beta" with them. This game is no where near the condition it needs to be.

If I buy it, I will not be playing on the PC. This webpage stuff is just plain retarded. Besides there is no user/admin config so having "dedicated" server's means nothing.

I will admit that I am disappointed that we are playing an outdated build of a game this close to release, but more importantly I hope it is released in better shape than BC2 was at launch -- for example the scoreboard was pretty much broken for a month or so, as were ping and filters, at least all of those things are working in this beta.

Are you sure about the dedicated server part having no user/admin configuration? I haven't seen that made official anywhere.

The browser thing is actually better than I expected it to be. I think it could be polished a bit more, but to be honest I haven't had any issues with it, and joining a new server after quitting the game isn't a big deal to me, takes the same amount of time (as battlelog is open anyway). The friend's system is a lot better than BC2's and I like the stat tracking and platoon/clan setup.

Made my newegg purchase, thanks for the heads up on that guys. =^.^=

And everyone whose complaining.. just chill out, its a dead horse but its a beta. Its an old verson of the game and dice/ea are being nice enough to let us play it. I am happy with my experience and cant wait to play the completed game!

Maybe they fixed something on the patch, but same map area, same drivers, and much better FPS now. Again, these are with ALL settings maxed out, motion blur at 50. I will say that it doesnt feel as smooth though as it does when I drop to the "high" preset. Its ALOT smoother with that setting even though the FPS isnt bad below.

2011-09-27 15:18:41 - bf3
Frames: 6859 - Time: 111650ms - Avg: 61.433 - Min: 46 - Max: 81

2011-10-02 19:35:48 - bf3
Frames: 13293 - Time: 198933ms - Avg: 66.821 - Min: 52 - Max: 103

I really don't mind launching the game from the browser. What I do mind is the crappy registration of target damage. I feel like I tag someone and it doesn't do damage, yet the damage registered on my screen as a hit. All I want is fluid gameplay and I'm left with chuggy BF3.

All I cant hope for is my new BD rig and a stable release make this game run smooth as silk.

i swear the glitches and bugs are getting worse. When i started I didnt notice a whole lot. just some random flashes on the screen mostly.

tonight i start playing and its laggy as crap...on any server i tried. My scope stopped working, switching guns takes forever, shooting in general just seems slow. when i throw a grenade, you can see two grenades in the air at once.

Well thank you for that insightful post. I'd delete it for fear it would contribute too much to the thread but I'm mobile atm. Don't respond further to the troll post please guys, I don't want to have to clean up in the morning. :rolleyes:

i figured i'd just point out all the crying there seems to be over a beta..

if its that bad for you. don't play.

i figured i'd just point out all the crying there seems to be over a beta..

if its that bad for you. don't play.

you mean this isnt the retail version? what?!?!

yes. i realize this is beta. i was just pointing out some of the issues i have seen with the game thus far, and that I didnt experience them until today, which is odd.

idk if it has been mentioned in here but apparently in the final version we will not be able to be in the same squad as our friends. so if you party up in battle log, that does not carry over to the game and you and your friends may be on opposite teams....wtf?

if this is true I may not even buy the game. One of the main reasons im buying it is to play with friends.

idk if it has been mentioned in here but apparently in the final version we will not be able to be in the same squad as our friends. so if you party up in battle log, that does not carry over to the game and you and your friends may be on opposite teams....wtf?

if this is true I may not even buy the game. One of the main reasons im buying it is to play with friends.

This seems completely nuts. Why would a developer want to do this? I think the Battlefield 3 rumor mill is working overtime.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...sible-battlelog-no-squad-management-game.html

Wow. Un-freaking believable. It just goes from bad to worse. Squading up is the whole essence of the BF franchise!! Whoever thought it was a good idea for this Battlelog crap really needs to be fired. Seriously.

fail2kk.jpg

Jeez Caspian Boarder looks huge, is it as big as it looks on that video? Snipers will be the way to go with encounters happening at such range. Its going to be about scopes and range shooting with the infantry.

Imagine how well people now blend with the foliage and a sniper sitting on the side of a mountain in the prone position... Going to be nutz.

I'm just excited for things like the Co-Op features and such. I'm going to deal with any pitfalls the game may have because I have not had a new game to be excited for in what seems like years. Crysis 2 was but that flopped... I don't get the squad stuff though, makes no sense.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...sible-battlelog-no-squad-management-game.html

Wow. Un-freaking believable. It just goes from bad to worse. Squading up is the whole essence of the BF franchise!! Whoever thought it was a good idea for this Battlelog crap really needs to be fired. Seriously.

<image snip>

Okay, that is awful. I've been weary about complaining during this beta, but that is just the stupidest move DICE has made since requiring Battlelog (and I don't HATE battlelog, I just don't like the idea but they seem to have implemented it alright IMO).

Well I got to play a bit yesterday, I had a blast! I guess I haven't played as much as the rest of you... I am currently level 6.

My take on it all:

I am not going to play the snot out of this beta because for one I don't want to get bored of a game I paid for and I haven't got to see the final product. I also know it will not reflect the final product regarding things like refinement and lack of bugs.

When playing yesterday, I was completely immersed in the gameplay! It was pretty amazing, I haven't had that feeling with a game in a while. I felt like I was in a 'war' it was pretty intense at times! Dave was in playing with me and my clanmates! Nice Dave! ;) This is the difference between this game and the COD series.

I do agree that the squad thing seems a bit foolish. But if you are going to play with friends, they will just join on you from the browser and all is good? Am I correctly reading this? It doesn't sound as ideal as just joining a squad in game but at least you still have the option. You can make a squad private while in game, and if a friend wants to join I am sure that would be the way to keep the slot open...

Back