• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is no perfect anti-hacking client. I have played BC2 for a while now and don't come across that many hackers (actually its very rare). Maybe you just are not that good.

It would also help to be specific about your CoD rant, you don't point out anything specific. Yes BF3 is faster paced than before, which can kinda be compared to CoD and many other FPS games. Try to be more specific instead of just saying whats with this CoD BS.

I can say I haven't seen that many hackers since release it is rare and I think punk buster is doing fine. Right now I think that BF3 just seems to be faster paced cause we are only playing rush, Rush was always made to be get in the action RIGHT F'ING NOW!!!!! when we get back to conquest and start playing battlefield 3 like we played BF2 it will be better... except the health\armor regen... and no commander or commrose... or 6 man squads... but other than that.

For BC2 they actually used a good map with tanks, jeeps, ATVs, etc... It's shocking to me that they left the beta CoD-style.They want all the COD people to come over to BF, so they gave them something to make them feel at home.
I mean a lot of the COD Vets that played the Beta were saying how they felt Metro was a HUGE map
Metro's actually very small in terms of BF scale.

For BC2 they actually used a good map with tanks, jeeps, ATVs, etc... It's shocking to me that they left the beta CoD-style.They want all the COD people to come over to BF, so they gave them something to make them feel at home.
I mean a lot of the COD Vets that played the Beta were saying how they felt Metro was a HUGE map
Metro's actually very small in terms of BF scale.

i don't think metro is "very small" it only seems small because it pretty much gets played in sections due to it being a rush game type of the beta. but as a whole I think it is about average size.

i don't think metro is "very small" it only seems small because it pretty much gets played in sections due to it being a rush game type of the beta. but as a whole I think it is about average size.

It might be half the length of Heavy Metal...and less than half of it's width.

There is no perfect anti-hacking client. I have played BC2 for a while now and don't come across that many hackers (actually its very rare). Maybe you just are not that good.

It would also help to be specific about your CoD rant, you don't point out anything specific. Yes BF3 is faster paced than before, which can kinda be compared to CoD and many other FPS games. Try to be more specific instead of just saying whats with this CoD BS.

I have almost never seen any. PB on my clan's servers seems to work pretty well. It also has regular admins...all of which are accessible in Teamspeak or Xfire. We run a pretty clean shop. And had the #1 infantry only server in the US for BF2 for a reason.

Is anyone knowledgeable on whats going on in the graphics department? I can see they tried to do some nice effects with smoke and stuff but the texture resolutions are really low. BFBC2 looks alot better IMO. Beta runs horrible IMO and AA doesn't seem to work. The lack of clarity makes it hard to see enemy movement from far away. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

Mechanics feel great however. I love the way the ADS, shooting, running etc. feels. Just can't get over how soft and low res the imaging looks.

I haven't noticed that at all in my gameplay time. Game looks better than BC2 in pretty much every way, at least for comparison of the game in its current state on a single map

I haven't noticed that at all in my gameplay time. Game looks better than BC2 in pretty much every way, at least for comparison of the game in its current state on a single map

These don't look like its low resolution consolish? Everything looks soft in the first image. In the second image, the train has no detail (blurry). Maybe it's just me and I need to get used to it :screwy:. I can't see movement from far away the enemys seem to blur in with everything. It all just seems soft or blury. On top of it all I get a horrible framerate.

Attachments

• bf3 2011-10-05 21-05-50-51.jpg
    bf3 2011-10-05 21-05-50-51.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 75
  • bf3 2011-10-05 21-09-58-70.jpg
    bf3 2011-10-05 21-09-58-70.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 72
Do you guys think a i7-2600k without an overclock is good enough to handle BF3? Possibly in SLI in the spring?

The reason I ask is because when I try to OC, my whole system get very unstable. Double boots, blue screens, not recovering from sleep mode, etc...

I appreciate the help!

These don't look like its low resolution consolish? Everything looks soft in the first image. In the second image, the train has no detail (blurry). Maybe it's just me and I need to get used to it :screwy:. I can't see movement from far away the enemys seem to blur in with everything. It all just seems soft or blury. On top of it all I get a horrible framerate.

Blur could be from Post Antiaialising. It uses a blur method for smoothing. Oh, and turn off/turn motion blur to 0. Will fix a lot of dumb bluring there to.

For SuperDave! :thup:

lmao i saw that a couple times last night.

i didnt play much tonight. got too frustrated with my team not attempting to defuse bombs or trying to arm them. it was like that even when I switched servers. too many COD players i guess

Is anyone knowledgeable on whats going on in the graphics department? I can see they tried to do some nice effects with smoke and stuff but the texture resolutions are really low. BFBC2 looks alot better IMO. Beta runs horrible IMO and AA doesn't seem to work. The lack of clarity makes it hard to see enemy movement from far away. Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

I've noticed that the textures looked low rez for a while now myself, said that a few times on here also. I'm positive now that the engine is being held back for beta. Overall even if they didn't change anything it still looks good enough, the exciting thing is I do like how it plays as well. Metro is not really a true true BF map so its a bit deciving on how good its really going to get.

Wow.. an aimbot is out already..... Check out that guy. Was getting all headshots with a G31 then switched to a M249.

Attachments

• bf3 2011-10-06 01-35-58-12.jpg
    bf3 2011-10-06 01-35-58-12.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 54
Back