• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible to swap video card on Dell Vostro 1500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so i called today and tried to do this, and the rep told me to call the parts dept and gave their #... i kept saying that i'd reorder and pay shipping back...

maybe i'll call... AGAIN... dell is so annoying with their HOLD, and then when you get through to someone, they transfer you to someone else with another HOLD... each of which takes 20-30min... very annoying.

They are going to do their best to discourage you. If your within your return time all I would do is say you want to return both of them, now. Thats all they need to know. Once you get your refund, spec out the one you want.

yeah they'll play phone tag with you until you give up, it may be easier to just return it and then reorder one.

Yes you can upgrade. I'm 90% sure they use the same slot, so simply plug it in and go!

14" with 8600M GS FTW!
You can't beat that with the $650 pricetag with the 1440 screen.

it's $650 with an 8600M GS and 1440 screen? i don't think so... link plz... it's $599 with an 8400 and a normal screen... the 1440 is $40-50 more (it varies), and the 8600 is $100 more... also you may have to upgrade the battery to 9-cell (sometimes it's inclusive)

Tech is the buddy of mine that got it for 650 shipped. however the 1400s only come with a 8400gs not a 8600gs.

screw this... i'm gonna have to return the 1500 too i guess... to make things easier for me... i just feel bad returning two laptops for full value (and neither do i wanna take a big hit on that)...

Its alright, dell has that policy for a reason. Besides you're going to order another laptop so they are still making money off of you.

Its alright, dell has that policy for a reason. Besides you're going to order another laptop so they are still making money off of you.

they're telling me it's out of 21-day policy. i ordered 7-11, and it shipped out 7-28... i got it early this month... i figured i would be fine being within 30-days of shipment... i thoguht it was a 30-day policy for a return...? and 21 day money back or something...

call and complain they'll give it to you. I was told 30 days from when I received the product.

Ya, oops, typo.

I did mean 8400. But it was a 1 day deal for the $650 one, they will have it again.

i heard that replacing the videocard on dell lappy's is a ***** because most of the time they are sautered on the mobo..... idk but that's wat i heard

Back