• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jab-Tech vs. Petras low speed yates.... a deep look.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not $10 shipping from what I see is my point from the 3 items you listed from Petras :p

Hell I'm not advocating for just one company, I like J-T's $4.95 for one item shipping.

Anyways back on topic.

Anyone here with a medium speed fan to crack open :D

ive actually got a JT med 120 yate in my comp right now (bought it late 08 i think)
id open it if i knew how to put it back together safely ^^

vapor @ XS says the LED yates perform worse than normal opaque yates do
the difference is probably so small that its near unnoticeable.. this JT vs petra could reflect that small difference
I'm aware of this fact, but I want to use the fans to provide lighting inside of my case. In critical areas I'll still be using opaque fans, but on the heatsink, two fans that provide 70CFM as opposed to 80CFM shouldn't make a large enough difference for me to not have the bling.

vapor @ XS says the LED yates perform worse than normal opaque yates do
the difference is probably so small that its near unnoticeable.. this JT vs petra could reflect that small difference

its not really the cfm performance that is effected by the clear fans but more the acoustic performance... any clear fan will resonate more than a normal solid non transparent fan, has something to do with the way the plastic is made.

As requested by e6600 ill post up a lil how to on how to get a fan open without screwin stuff up... its quite easy.

Sorry to bump this but i am a little confused as to what exactly went down here with jabtech and their yates. Back in the "ignore this thread it was just a bad batch of yates" you said:

Guys everything has been sorted, thanks jabtek.

It turns out i recieved a bad batch of the yate loons originally. had i known this before hand this post woulda never EVER been created, its obvious that this problem has been fixed at yate loon and that the smaller motor has NO side effects to the quality of the fan.

But then i see this thread with the same knock off jabtech yate subject and you say this which is the most recent:

petras shipping is usually pretty good for me even on bigger orders...

either way im not buying jt low speeds any more.

So which is it? was it just a bad batch of yates or is every batch that jabtech sells bad? is it safe to purchase yates from jabtech or not? benchmarks from xtremesystems show jabtechs yates performing very very poorly compared to identical yates purchased from petra's. I dont know if its ok to link the review but im sure you can find it by searching their forum. If i was to purchase identical fans from petra's and jabtech tomorrow will i recieve the same fan performance and noise wise?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can clear this mess up for me.

in my original thread the IGNORE CUS OF BAD BATCH ... they really wernt a bad batch... they were just a super cheap batch purchased by jabtech without filtering caps. the only difference between those yate loons the "bad batch ones" and the JT low speeds in this thread are filtering caps which smooth out the pulsing actions of the electromagnets.

The only reason they were considered a "bad batch" was because people were complaining about how noisy they were and thus were deemed of a bad batch... but like i said they were just a super cheap batch.

in my original thread the IGNORE CUS OF BAD BATCH ... they really wernt a bad batch... they were just a super cheap batch purchased by jabtech without filtering caps. the only difference between those yate loons the "bad batch ones" and the JT low speeds in this thread are filtering caps which smooth out the pulsing actions of the electromagnets.

The only reason they were considered a "bad batch" was because people were complaining about how noisy they were and thus were deemed of a bad batch... but like i said they were just a super cheap batch.

Thanks for the response and im sorry to sound annoying but i am still confused as to whether its safe to purchase these fans from jabtech or not. I value silence very much and i was planning on buying at least 5 D12SM-12 and attach them to my fan controller. Both petra's and jabtech carry that same fan but are they actually the same fan? i do not want to get ripped off by receiving a box of knock off fans that perform worse and are noisy.

From this review by Vapor: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=171661&highlight=Yate+review

Besides the jabtech and any other non petra fans being more noisy it was determined that the petra yate loons performed better then the yates purchased at jabtech. This was in 2007, has the issue been resolved or is jabtech still selling garbage fans?

picture10bc6.png

i said i would update this once i get my order from jabtech. all of my high speed yates from jabtech were the bigger motor and better quality, maybe its just medium and low speed ones that have the smaller motor.

img0156i.jpg

img0158t.jpg

img0195y.jpg

buy the petras fans, your going to get the best quality regardless of model... steer clear of the JT low speeds!

buy the petras fans, your going to get the best quality regardless of model... steer clear of the JT low speeds!

I'd love to if Petra wasn't always out of stock of the higher speeds. :bang head Going to have to test my luck with Jab-Tech's high speeds.

I'd love to if Petra wasn't always out of stock of the higher speeds. :bang head Going to have to test my luck with Jab-Tech's high speeds.

i think you should be ok with the HIGH speed yates from JT. Looking at the pictures supplied by Spawne coupla posts above the JT high speeds come with a 30mm motor with filtering caps and gussets on both the front and backside of the blade hub connection.

Back