• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I know that you guys dont like the water cooling kits, but since this is my first water cooled system, i want to start with a kit, anyways could you give me an opinion on this kit. Also would i have to make wholes in my case for this to work? and if so what kind of tools would i use and how would it work? is it difficult?

Swiftech H202-B Water Cooling Kit

thanks for all of the help

this is basically the same case that i have
WX-01BD Entry Level ATX case with door

Last edited:
also would this work with just two 80mm fans, bc i already have two of them installed in the back of my case, and 120mm fans would not fit

The kit that you posted doesn't look great. It uses what looks like a transmission cooler(they don't perform well) and just seems like a pretty mediocre kit. I know you said that you don't want to buy the parts indivually but I would seriously consider it. You will get better performance and pay less. I'd go with a Maze 3 or Dtek TC-4, Eheim 1048 or 1250 and a heatercore(1/2). This would perform much better then what you have selected.

well thanks for the advise the thing that i like about the kit is that it will have detailed directions on how to install and maintian the cooling system, that is something that you cannot get when you buy all of the parts individual parts, and do not know enough about water cooling to purchase all of the parts seperately. What would be compatible with each other and what parts are superior, i know nothing about any of that, so i decided to go with the kit. One quick question with the kit what kind of temperatures do you think that i could achieve, i would probally just go with distilled water to start out.

I will consider purchasing all of the parts individualy, but first i have a few questions that hopefully you could answer for me:

1. Would it be very difficult to install a water cooling system without instrutions, for someone that does not have very much experiance with water cooling systems.

2. Do you think that the parts that you posted would fit into my case? (there is a link above)

3. could you give some links to were i could find this heat core that you speak of above?

4. How much would a decent setup cost?

5. would you reccamend 1/2'' fittings or 3/4''

Last edited:
I'm not positive the heatercore would fit in your case. You can find it here at Dangerden. http://www.dangerden.com/mall/radiators.asp

If you don't want to do any modding you can get a Black Ice rad, it doesn't perform as well but its smaller then a standard heatercore. Just remember to make sure everything has 1/2 fittings, thats really the only issue concerning compatibility. It really isn't difficult to install a watercooling system. I'd estimate a decent setup would cost about $130(maybe even less). You'll need a radiator, waterblock, pump, tubing and a T-fitting.

What is the purpose of a t-fitting, and what about condensation, will that be a problem?
also with the black ice radiator in my case will i need to put next to ventilation things or anything like that

Here is what i am looking at so far:
Maze 3

Black Ice radiator

Clear Resevior

Ehiem pump

what else do i need?
what would i need to get to be able to tell the temperature?

thanks for all of your help!!!!!

Last edited:
Back