• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey that looks pretty sweet so far, keep up the good work. Dont you just love project like that? makes you feel good about yourself after you find everything is working just the way you planed it.

thats sweet!, one thing you mite want to do is make that side thing gone or smaller, and just use a rez on the bottom, and make it only like half of the size of a 4u rack, so it doesnt go all the way back or something, otherwize this seems like an awesome project!!!

-edit- ooh i see you already got this project underweigh! wow!

Hi airspirit,
I think you should go with 1" tubing at the pump inlet and outlet then branch off to four 1/2" tubes into each of the 4U racks (equalize the pressure drop). 1" tubing to the rads then 3/4" tubing going into and out of the rads.

with a 1200gph pump he shouldnt have to worry about pressure, most blocks only let like 150gph go through them at a time so 1200gph would prolly be plenty.

Warlord2 said:
with a 1200gph pump he shouldnt have to worry about pressure, most blocks only let like 150gph go through them at a time so 1200gph would prolly be plenty.

What I meant was if you branch 4 - 1/2" lines off of a single 1/2" line then the velocity entering each 4U rack will be drastically reduced but with my suggestion it wouldn't.

Hey airspirit. Good to see you here. The projects looking good keep it up. I can't wait for my Lytron get here.

It is splitting off of a 1/2" because of the current pump. When the pump is upgraded, everything will be 1" from the pump to the manifold.

nice idea i think that i would have run a a pump going up to the manifold then 4 pumps in paralell to keep mad flow. cause well i just like a lot of water flow... ...but its awesome now do you actually have a rack enclosure o do u just have desktop cases stacked? i am planning on building a few rackmount servers and getting a 14 or 18 u rack but they cost so much...

Just stacked desktop cases. It's cheaper that way. Besides, I really don't need the rack frame around it. In a way, it may end up looking better this way (since rackmount cases are ugly in general).

I'll have machine number two on by the middle of next month, and I just need a mobo/proc/ram before #3 goes on (burnt the old board), but that'll still be January time frame. Due to optimizations I've built into the cooling loop, even with four PCs on, I should still have over 8GPM net flow through the cooling loop. With only two on I should be pumping 7GPM (restriction).

Gen-X Mak 4 pump adapters

Airspirit,

I have just gotten a Mak 4 pump and I was wondering if you would know how best to adapt the 3/4" inlet/outlets into two 1/2" barbed fittings for each inlet/outlet. I plan to cool my cpu and gpu in parallel with a separate radiator for each component.

I'm trying to see if there is a threaded adapter I can use for the inlet/outlets that woud y-fit into the two 1/2" barbed fittings, but I haven't seen anything like that except for the LOC fittings you see when you do a Google search for pump adapters. The problem with these is that the fittings aren't barbed and I won' be able to use 1/2" tubing with them.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wangster

Back