• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am not worthy to WCooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FeralCom said:
Those clamps look like the nylon ones that come with aquarium products a lot. Probably not as secure as the metal screw-tight ones, but I used those for years with no leaks. Plus…they look a lot better.

Do you always have to use clamps? I guess there are times when you don’t. However, you do not know when those times are. Just because it looks like a good seal months afterwards, doesn’t mean squat. Water can take YEARS to slowly crawl, build up and form a leak. Take it from someone who has seen this many times. There are many ways this can happen and clamping that hose eliminates those possible problems.

So why not clamp? If knowing the above and you are running a system that you probably spent hundreds to build, why not spend another $5 to secure its protection?
Finally someone with sense! I have used the plastic clamps, they leaked on me. I use the metal auto style clamps on every connection and have been bone dry since.

My first mounting I chipped off a corner of my Duron 750 I was using to test, instead of frying that brand new second day it hit newegg XP1500+.

The duron survived. It's here now, still chugging away on dad's rig - all 4 corners of the core...

They just don't make them like they use too. ;)

Well I'm glad you got out cheap with just the GF3, remember it can *always* be worse. Good excuse to save money and buy a 9700 or FX, or save more money and buy a 4200 or a 9500 pro.

btw most of my video card upgrades are because the video memory has fried... Anyone else have that jinx? LoL!
TNT stable for affew months. Died
TNT2U rock stable at 203 for more than a year. Died
GF2MX rock stable for 3 weeks to a month. Died
Kyro II. Died

Thank god for S3 2 meg cards from '91 that refuse to die and work with everything <g>

I just hope this gf3 ti200 lasts another year, hard to belive the thing's a year old already. Well maybe that's the Video card God letting me know I did the right thing when I backed off 20mhz on the memory from it's top stable speed. ;) I learned my lession LoL!

-Toysrme

That Visiontek Geforce 3 was a replacement of my Leadtek Geforce 1 which went bad also, the card lost its "contrast" ability and everything is too bright. I paid US$ 180 for that Leadtek Geforce1 and I only used it for 15 month but warranty only cover for 12 month. So I promised myself I will not buy leadtek again.

I paid US$400 for that Visiontek Geforce3 card. It was just out and normally I wouldn't buy something just came out and I would buy it online. However that time I rushed to Electronic Boutique because I have used a video gone bad for 2 weeks. It got a 3 yr warranty which I thought was great. Now today the card is still under warranty but Visiontek has gone under and I have no intention to RMA because I believe it was my mistake. The video card die when it was in screen saver mode, a quiet death for it. It serves me great but I will never ever buy Visiontek stuff too (they might begin sell ATI card). If I can, I would like to buy extra warranty on my video card to a company that is reliable and will able to stay in business within the warranty period.

Back