• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my cooling good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boosteeddc

im a total computer noob, just built my first gaming rig without knowing anything about computers. so im using a asus p68 lga1155 mobo with i7 2600k with a huge noctua nh-d14, this cpu cooler takes up half of my nzxt guardian, and ive got 3 120mm fans circulating air in the tower. so with the cpu cooler and my radeon 7870 video card my tower is pretty much full. i don't know what temp the cpu is suppose to be in, but it idles around 32C and after couple hours of dota and sc, it goes up to around 38. so is it not good having everything packed so tightly and upgrade to a full tower? or should i just get a water cooler?

*i dont even know how to overclock, so its set to the turbo OC thingy. my ultimate goal is to get good performance without losing reliability. any tips on changing around my setup? :chair:

BTW this is my full setup ASUS blue-ray/ ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68/ intel i7 2600k/ notua dh-14 cpu cooler/ corsair vengeance blu 8gb/ sapphire radeon 7870 oc 2gb/ crucial 128gb m4 ssd/ WD caviar black 1tb hard drive/ corsair hx 750W/ NZXT guardian mid tower

Yup, as long as you're within the normal operating parameters of what the manufacturer calls 'safe' . More cooling is only going to allow you to increase performance out of individual parts, in some instances you might get noticeably longer life out of components that are kept cooler and treated well. Most individual parts can be safely run ~80 deg C and this is all information you should be able to find on mfg websites.

To be perfectly honest, the cooling setup you have is massive overkill for running stock. You don't have to worry about a thing. I can appreciate someone going going overkill on cooling. I salute you sir! :salute:

Back