• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

50 mcnuggets $8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Corbec said:
Nuggets are nasty! They're entire chickens ground up and shaped into pretty circular objects. Have fun eating your chicken brain and chicken vagina.

meh, I eat hotdogs and we all know what they contain.

Fr3@k3r said:
i dont know where the hell you live, but mcdonals 20 peice are $4.99 and there 5 peice is like $2.50... only place you can get 5 for a $1 is Wendys, and those arent nuggets so pshhh on you.

uh huh, and the 4 dollars you save will be going toward peptal bismal.

Corbec said:
Nuggets are nasty! They're entire chickens ground up and shaped into pretty circular objects. Have fun eating your chicken brain and chicken vagina.
Ok dad... oh erm.. sorry. Yes they almost got shut down for doing that. Also has worms in the burgers for extra protein.

They claim it is made from white meat now so based on law that all ingredients must be listed SOMEWHERE, they don't just throw everything in it.

Besides where do you get off saying crap like that? Never had a hot dog? Old style sausage with pig intestine as a case? Scrapple? or some of Korean or Chinese food? Haggus is one that comes to mind of some European food I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.

If it tastes good, you like it and it doesn't make you sick, what the heck does it matter what is in it? Sometimes people just don't want to know!

JT

JTanczos said:
Ok dad... oh erm.. sorry. Yes they almost got shut down for doing that. Also has worms in the burgers for extra protein.

They claim it is made from white meat now so based on law that all ingredients must be listed SOMEWHERE, they don't just throw everything in it.

Besides where do you get off saying crap like that? Never had a hot dog? Old style sausage with pig intestine as a case? Scrapple? or some of Korean or Chinese food? Haggus is one that comes to mind of some European food I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.

If it tastes good, you like it and it doesn't make you sick, what the heck does it matter what is in it? Sometimes people just don't want to know!

JT

you forgot about Jello!

JTanczos said:

JT

Eating hot dogs usually makes me sick...so I don't eat them :p

Ham is technically Porcine buttock. Does it stop me from eating it? Nope, tastes to yummy. Hotdogs are an classic snack.

I will eat almost anything on an animal, since it all comes from the same carcass. Minus very few parts. No brains or eyeballs, thank you very much. The rest is how good it tastes to me. :D

I won't gross folks out to encourage my beliefs on what is good food though. Or what I think is not good foods by grossing anyone out.

JTanczos said:

Authentic sausages, haggis, chinese dishes etc. have those parts in for flavour/texture/whatever - they are there because people LIKE them. People eat black pudding (made out of blood and fat) because they like how it tastes, the same goes for people who eat heart/brain/haggis/whatever. McDonalds food, hotdogs, etc. are made out of horrible parts because it's CHEAP, not because the customers like it.

Regardless of how some of the exotic things I mentioned above may have ORIGINATED from being cheap to make, nowadays people who buy a haggis or an authentic sausage are paying MUCH more than they would for an equivalent of lean meat, so the origins of the foods are irrelevant.

Actually...

...food like this gives you cancer. Read up on it.

And watch, some poor souls will still defend their eating habits, instead of changing them. :bang head

Things are so screwed up, that even the conventional FRUIT in supermarkets isn't completely natural. It's modified to grow faster and larger, all the while losing it's nutritional value. The only way to be sure that you are getting the real thing is to purchase 'organic foods'. They are labled as such.

Conventional=bad
Organic=good

I urge you to read more about this if you value your health.

Take care.

isiTrue83 said:
...food like this gives you cancer. Read up on it.

And watch, some poor souls will still defend their eating habits, instead of changing them. :bang head

Things are so screwed up, that even the conventional FRUIT in supermarkets isn't completely natural. It's modified to grow faster and larger, all the while losing it's nutritional value. The only way to be sure that you are getting the real thing is to purchase 'organic foods'. They are labled as such.

Conventional=bad
Organic=good

I urge you to read more about this if you value your health.

Take care.

Conventional = tastes good
Organic = tastes bad

I have/had a friend who thought the same as you. She never ate meat, unless it was free range turkey (and that was a rarity), strict vegitarian (sp), was always watching what she was eating. NEVER smoked or hung around where people did smoke. Worked out all the time. For the most part always drank water, never from the tap, but bottled. Was all into holistic medicine. 2 years ago was diagnosed with cancer in her brain, liver, and lymphnodes, 1.5 yrs ago died.

If I'm gonna die from cancer, heart disese, or being trapped in a restroom with a guy who just finished a week of eating taco bell, I'm gonna eat what tastes good to me.

Chicken nuggets, here I come..

(BTW.. yes, I'm fat)

Lee

If it's done in moderation, I don't really see a significant harm. So long as one's entire diet isn't made up of constant "McGoodness" where at least some attempt was made to eat in a balanced way, than it's all gravy.

Conventional=yes, tastes good at first
Organic=may taste bad at first, but as your body detoxifies, your taste changes as well. The food gets way better. Also, after a while if you try some of the conventional foods that you loved, you'll see that they taste artificial/too sweet for your liking.

I did not say that if you eat organic, you will not get cancer. Cancer can be caused by many different things.
You minimize the chance greatly by eating right.

Also, I can guarantee that your friend felt way better every day of her life under her diet and routine as opposed to a person who does not exercise and visits Mcdonalds 4+ times a week.

After I eat a turkey sandwich (free range, no antibiotics or hormones. Ezekiel 4:9 bread) with some tomatoes and cucumber on the side, I feel content.
After I eat some fries and nuggets at Mcdonalds, I feel like I did something wrong.

If I am going to die, then I'd rather die from old age or in my sleep, not in a hospital bed racked in pain of my own making. And if I do die earlier because of some accident, etc., then at least I spent my days feeling great.

"You designed yourself." A good quote I read somewhere.

Now I shall provide three links, a result of a quick search in google. You can just skim through it if you'd like.

http://www.medicinenet.com/cancer_causes/article.htm#2whatcauses

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T040300.asp

And the third... a guy who changed himself completely as a result of diet + exercise. Check out his monthly pics:

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/php/pictures.php

Monque, there is so much crap on the market today, that the "everything in moderation = bliss" just doesn't work.
All of those little things that look like they don't do much harm add up really fast.

palee72 said:
I think I'll have pizza for dinner tonight.

Hey we have pizza every monday here. :thup: It has all the food groups in it. Especially if beer is added. :D

<homer voice> mmmm.. beer </homer voice>

We have this place here, Vincent's Pizza. Best pizza I've ever had. Greasy, it just pools on the cheese. And the pepperoni.. not slices, chunks!! OMG.. I can't wait till dinner.

Lee

The place where I live at has $5.00 pizza down at the recroom tonight. Some local pizzaria sets up a little spot in there.(Gorgio's) I walk down there and grab a couple.

On humpday there is this one place that has deep fried chicken, slaw rolls and jo jo's and a med pizza for like $18.00. That bird is better then KFC. Plus they deliver too.

I walk to the corner beverage store to grab brew. Dinner is served. :D

Most the time we eat homemade food. In my home we enjoy eating a variety of foods. Salads are a comon side dish here. So are fresh veggies.

Mmm pizza I remember when I lived down the hall from Papa Johns and they'd give us free pizza late night on the weekends when they closed if we ordered from them during the week or we had a party.

As for healty or not. Now I'm not that carful of what I eat and such. Sometimes its good and most times it isn't the healthiest :) But I have to say enjoy what you can now because later you might not beable too. I think its one of those unwriten laws, live life to its fullest and me eating "healthy" all the time isn't living it to the fullest.

BTW I'm 23, 185lbs, 6'1" and perfectly healthy.

Mmmm chicken nuggests, thats some good stuff. I had some today for lunch and mmmm it was good, with some BBQ sause, man that hits the spot.

if it McComes from where I McThink it does then I don't want to McEat it!

Back