• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free TV's from newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not to be a killjoy, but winning the grand prize could destroy you on taxes. They list value as 10k- which might put you out 1-4k in taxes (depending on your tax bracket). A lot of people here would have to sell the package to pay the taxes- but the secondhand sale would likely net quite a bit less than 10k.

why do people do that, let the people figure it out, it depends on where they live and how much they make.
if you hate to rain on the parade then dont

Well it is something important with winning prizes that people should know about. If someone decides they'd rather not bother with that I guess they could decline the prize.

Wonder what I'd have to taxes I'd have to pay if I have no income. Never won a raffle, so I wouldn't know.

Not to be a killjoy, but winning the grand prize could destroy you on taxes. They list value as 10k- which might put you out 1-4k in taxes (depending on your tax bracket). A lot of people here would have to sell the package to pay the taxes- but the secondhand sale would likely net quite a bit less than 10k.

Reminds me of the time Oprah gave away all those cars to her audience members. A lot of them were ****ed at the taxes they had to pay for them.

:Newegg might also use this info for marketing purposes, you know.

ok so i dont know where im missing the 2g's from but my total came out to 8016.88 b4 taxes on there sheet of items.

Of course it's a marketing ploy, but that doesn't mean they aren't giving away goodies!

Back