• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant't install Windows 7 x64 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BasariStudios

Registered
Simply i cant install my OS now on my new system. An i7 860 based system on ASUS P7P55D-E Mobo with 4 GB of RAM. The only thing i added lately is the FW SIIG Controller which i installed once after that and there was no problems, now i removed that too and still same problem. For some reason tonight i wanted to reinstall, a fresh copy and installed all the way up to INSTALLING FEATURES and then restarts as always...then...kept restarting, then...cant INSTALL...then Install with SAFE Mode...then this then that. It starts, starts Loading and Checking drivers, RAM, HDs and else, Windows 7 Logo shows up and then...restarts, it cant complete the instalations...tried many things and way, nothing works.
EDIT:
I forgot to mention, after few instalations it was asking me to select OS to start and there was like this:
After first:
WINDOWS 7
After second:
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
After third:
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
After means after each installation i did. The Only different thing this time i did is that i deleted the 3 partitions on the Main HDD and created 4, didnt work, 2 times, then i deleted all of them and created only one partition and formated it and tried again and didnt work...so...i dont know.

Thanks

Last edited:
Simply i cant install my OS now on my new system. An i7 860 based system on ASUS P7P55D-E Mobo with 4 GB of RAM. The only thing i added lately is the FW SIIG Controller which i installed once after that and there was no problems, now i removed that too and still same problem. For some reason tonight i wanted to reinstall, a fresh copy and installed all the way up to INSTALLING FEATURES and then restarts as always...then...kept restarting, then...cant INSTALL...then Install with SAFE Mode...then this then that. It starts, starts Loading and Checking drivers, RAM, HDs and else, Windows 7 Logo shows up and then...restarts, it cant complete the instalations...tried many things and way, nothing works.
EDIT:
I forgot to mention, after few instalations it was asking me to select OS to start and there was like this:
After first:
WINDOWS 7
After second:
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
After third:
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
WINDOWS 7
After means after each installation i did. The Only different thing this time i did is that i deleted the 3 partitions on the Main HDD and created 4, didnt work, 2 times, then i deleted all of them and created only one partition and formated it and tried again and didnt work...so...i dont know.

Thanks

I just jumped from XP Pro x86 to W7 Pro x64 this weekend and had the same issues. After wiping the drive using GP Edit, I ran the install for W7 and installed on a 1 yr old HP Pavilion with no issues; then I tried my 2-3 year old custom built desktop. It got to the checking drivers portion, ejected the tray and rebooted. Of course, when it came up again, the install wanted to start from scratch. The third time it "worked" and the install ran the full course - don't know why. it took about 15 mins for the install to run.

My advice, just keep rebooting and restarting the install.

That being said, if someone can figure out WHY this happens, I hope they enlighten us.

Tonight i will probably reset the CMOS on the Board, this is a new custom Built,
it always installed, i did already 3-4 fresh installations on this. I dont know if
HDD has anything to do with this or the Partitioning and Deleting.

Thanks

When you wipe the disk make sure to wipe the 100mb partition and then re-install, and if you have a sata drive set bios to AHCI for the Drives

Hi Joly, thats a weird one, the system makes the partition itself and no way to get rid of
it unless...i whipe out only that partition and stop whiping out the whole thing and then
partitioning cuz thats when it creates the 100 MBs partition.
Thanks

Thank you, reseted CMOS didnt fix nothing, pulled one of the RAM chips out the machine

installed...i dont know if that was it or random, i will plug the chip back after i fully update.

After i will plug everything back in...now i wonder....after installation it takes like 12GB of

space, is it the way it should be?

Thank you, reseted CMOS didnt fix nothing, pulled one of the RAM chips out the machine

installed...i dont know if that was it or random, i will plug the chip back after i fully update.

After i will plug everything back in...now i wonder....after installation it takes like 12GB of

space, is it the way it should be?

Yeah that's normal.

Operating systems don't even need to be THAT big really. In fact they should really be getting smaller over time as programming evolves. But whatever. (Your modern motherboard BIOS... which is usually less than a few megs... can run most of the functions of Windows 95. Including Web Browsing, File Viewing, etc...)

the OS itself isn't that big. It's the fact that it installs so many drivers that come preinstalled on the image...... That's why 7 is so 'good' at detecting hardware.

A good vlite-ing of 7 and stripping out the unneccessary fluff (drivers you won't ever use) drops it quite a few gigs.

Hi Joly, thats a weird one, the system makes the partition itself and no way to get rid of
it unless...i whipe out only that partition and stop whiping out the whole thing and then
partitioning cuz thats when it creates the 100 MBs partition.
Thanks

The 100 mb partition is simply a boot partition. It's actually useful if say your install craps out and you need to access the repair functionality without a dvd/usb of Win 7.

Back