• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Diablo III Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I would love to see them make a CG movie or CG series based in one of their game worlds (preferably Diablo :p)

Honestly, that sounds like the expansion now... Hope it's not and the expansion adds to the large itemization patch.

Anyone have an idea of when that "Big" patch is coming out? the one that changes how the loot system works so rare\legendary items feel more rare?

Here's a recent post by an Blizzard CM:

Grimiku said:
We want to implement a lot of the new systems and features in a pre-expansion patch for free. That should include Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, Loot Runs, and Nephalem Trials. For now, you'll need to purchase the expansion to play as the Crusader, explore Act V, unlock the Mystic, and level up to 70. These details may change as development moves along, but we want some of the core gameplay improvements to be available for everyone.

Source

This will be the first game since the original Starcraft (just because i didnt know what it was) that I won't be pre-ordering. I am hoping all these changes make it better but I am going to have to see some reviews and talk to a few friends before I give them any of my money towards a Diablo game. Here's to hoping! :cheers:

Meh I'll play through it. Get bored of it quickly as I did with diablo 3. Then wonder why I bothered.

I played DIII for a couple months and sadly i just couldn't replay it as much as I did DII. I'm looking forward to this and hope it adds a lot to the game and gets me back into it!

Also, gotta LOVE Blizzard's cinematics!

It seems like as usual, blizzard is catering to casual gameplay. Its kind of sad to see where Diablo III has gone over the course of the past year considering the fact that Diablo II was such a huge success and you would think it would've been of the same caliber game if not higher.

@munky actually what they are trying to achieve with the new loot system is to make items rarer, harder to find and adding new ones. Over all I agree, with no hard and permanent choices it doesn't offer a ton of replay value and caters to the more casual player. I'm hoping with the expanded items we will see more diversity in builds people use.

though new items hardly fix the replay value issue but it helps. That being said I'm still excited for the patch and the expansion though I think it should have been released much much sooner. :p

Beating the game dozens of times over to reach a level cap or collect items isn't my cup of tea. Which is why I fell out of D2 as well.

I think I got my money's worth of D3 ultimately and still put them up there in terms of typical quality titles from Blizzard that are easy to learn, can play on just about any system and are regularly patched + upgraded.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Datamining at DiabloFans

There is some EPIC information in that datamining thread (some spoilers). This expansion looks like it will completely change Diablo III for the better. There is so much awesome in that thread... If those kinds of changes are truly in store for RoS and future expansions, Diablo III might end up being better than Diablo II in the end :shock:

Last edited:
It better change the game...backwards. I loved D3 when it came out but gave up on it months ago because Blizzard continuously catered to people bitching and whining about everything that the game became boring. It was truly a shame because it was such a good game imo.

Honestly the only time I thought it was a good game was from 1-60. After hitting a brick wall that was A2 inferno, it was just demoralizing and boring. I understand a game should be based on skill but when the only way to clear content and get better gear is completely RNG based on top of abusing game/class mechanics ie glass cannon demon hunters and force armor on wizards its just so pointless. They made so many horrible mistakes to begin with and continued to make and then instead of fixing the problems, they just went the opposite direction and made the game easier and easier.

Problem 1:

Existence of an real money auction house - Completely unnecessary change from Diablo 2 and all it did was allow for everyone to continue their pay2win style of play without the money going to these online "retailers".

Problem 2:

Completely RNG item stats - Made it absolutely impossible to find anything of value or use even. For the 3 good properties on any given item, there would be 3 equally bad properties that you couldn't even pass off as moderately helpful never mind beneficial to a class.

Problem 3:

"Legendaries" - What passed for legendaries was just shy of vendor trash you'd find in any MMORPG. Worthless items that were barely worth selling because of the waste of time that was. When they made the changes and legacy'd the bulk of the legendaries and came out with new ones, it was a minor fix but still so many bad legendaries. It also devalued a huge bulk of items because now there were so many cheap alternatives to once good items.

Problem 4:

iLvl drops - Going back to my complaints about the Act 2 Inferno wall, it was near impossible to find anything of worth in Act 4 Hell/Act 1 Inferno because of the range of iLvl items. It would be anyones assumption that if you are in inferno, you would atleast be finding iLvl 61-63 items ONLY and not finding sub par sub level cap trash. Not to mention the fact that ilvl 58-60 items continually drop in all acts of inferno.

I've yet to see any aspect of this game justify the $60 I spent on this sorry excuse for a game. The only and only redeeming factor I can possibly think of though is that it was free to play and not monthly subscription like World of Warcraft was. I am also completely disgusted by the fact that they had the audacity to port this to consoles, as if blizzard hasn't made enough money from people. Yes yes I know, before you reply I understand that the general point to being a company with a product is to make sales but this is just sad that this is what passes for games these days.

It better change the game...backwards. I loved D3 when it came out but gave up on it months ago because Blizzard continuously catered to people bitching and whining about everything that the game became boring. It was truly a shame because it was such a good game imo.

To me, the only thing that was better at release was the difficulty.

Honestly the only time I thought it was a good game was from 1-60. After hitting a brick wall that was A2 inferno, it was just demoralizing and boring. I understand a game should be based on skill but when the only way to clear content and get better gear is completely RNG based on top of abusing game/class mechanics ie glass cannon demon hunters and force armor on wizards its just so pointless. They made so many horrible mistakes to begin with and continued to make and then instead of fixing the problems, they just went the opposite direction and made the game easier and easier.

Problem 1:

Existence of an real money auction house - Completely unnecessary change from Diablo 2 and all it did was allow for everyone to continue their pay2win style of play without the money going to these online "retailers".

Problem 2:

Completely RNG item stats - Made it absolutely impossible to find anything of value or use even. For the 3 good properties on any given item, there would be 3 equally bad properties that you couldn't even pass off as moderately helpful never mind beneficial to a class.

Problem 3:

"Legendaries" - What passed for legendaries was just shy of vendor trash you'd find in any MMORPG. Worthless items that were barely worth selling because of the waste of time that was. When they made the changes and legacy'd the bulk of the legendaries and came out with new ones, it was a minor fix but still so many bad legendaries. It also devalued a huge bulk of items because now there were so many cheap alternatives to once good items.

Problem 4:

iLvl drops - Going back to my complaints about the Act 2 Inferno wall, it was near impossible to find anything of worth in Act 4 Hell/Act 1 Inferno because of the range of iLvl items. It would be anyones assumption that if you are in inferno, you would atleast be finding iLvl 61-63 items ONLY and not finding sub par sub level cap trash. Not to mention the fact that ilvl 58-60 items continually drop in all acts of inferno.

I've yet to see any aspect of this game justify the $60 I spent on this sorry excuse for a game. The only and only redeeming factor I can possibly think of though is that it was free to play and not monthly subscription like World of Warcraft was. I am also completely disgusted by the fact that they had the audacity to port this to consoles, as if blizzard hasn't made enough money from people. Yes yes I know, before you reply I understand that the general point to being a company with a product is to make sales but this is just sad that this is what passes for games these days.

I don't agree with either auction house being in the game, it just makes your finds seem like crap when there's such an easy way to get exactly what you want. It completely contradicts the point of a dungeon crawling loot-based game. Honestly, there would have been people getting gear/gold with real money regardless of a RMAH, but I think there wouldn't have been as many.

Good thing your problems number 2, 3, and 4 have been or are being addressed. Although, it should have been addressed much sooner.

The expansion looks VERY promising so far, and I hope it delivers on what's in the data mined thread.

my wife likes this game so i have to stick up for it, other then that I fall asleep playing almost every time. even before i hit level 80 it was the same after the same...
If they bring back Diablo2 style 100%, ill play for sure

To me, the only thing that was better at release was the difficulty.

I don't agree with either auction house being in the game, it just makes your finds seem like crap when there's such an easy way to get exactly what you want. It completely contradicts the point of a dungeon crawling loot-based game. Honestly, there would have been people getting gear/gold with real money regardless of a RMAH, but I think there wouldn't have been as many.

Good thing your problems number 2, 3, and 4 have been or are being addressed. Although, it should have been addressed much sooner.

The expansion looks VERY promising so far, and I hope it delivers on what's in the data mined thread.

Well I think the Auction house in general was a good idea because lets face it, a lot of players out there will accidentally find good items and someone will say "Hey man i'll give you 1 million gold for that" but turn around and sell it for what its worth at 50 million gold. Its also a nice convenience that when you're done playing, you can have some progress in the game by selling things you're trying to get rid of rather than spamming in trade chat (fighting for attention against all the gold sites) and not playing the game when you're on.

As far as the other problems I would've understood these mistakes being made had this been a brand new game but I would've rather seen a better looking Diablo 2 with nothing new than to see a better looking Diablo 3 with everything done wrong. They had such an amazing model of a game to work off of with half their work cut out for them. The fact that it took them several months to a year ++ to address and fix these issues was just sad.

The AH was extremely attractive early on because the artisans sucked so much. I could get myself equipment that was overall 25% better for very little money. My luck for selling wasn't as good as others though. I never made millions of gold that was apparently chump change to most players.

Back