• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is all the Mushkin RAM??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raptor15sc

Registered
I'm looking to buy another 6GB three piece set of Redline PC3-16000 RAM for a back up PC I'm building, and I want it so that I can swap it out and put it in my current system to bring it a total of 12GB's Redline PC3-16000 we need be.

But I can't find the stuff for sale anywhere...

Would it be okay to use another brand of PC3-16000 in combination with my Mushkin? I would just have to set them to a speed/timings they could all reach, right?

Also, does anyone know why Mushkin is so hard to find right now? Are they going out of business or something?

I've been out of touch for awhile and still using the rig in my sig. I am currently using this pc strictly for internet/office/basic programs, etc. no games.

I would like to buy another gig of ram if possible. However, there is only one slot left on the mobo. If someone could please provide a link to a stick of ram which will work okay with my set up I would appreciate it.

If 1 gb won't work (since my other two sticks are 512 each), I could get a third 512 stick. Does it have to be Mushkin or is there a cheap alternative? Not sure if I can mix and match. I'm currently overclocking only to 2200 mhz. (200 x 11), sometime a little higher. I will build a new PC early next year, but would like more ram for now if you think it will work fine with my existing set up. Thanks.

Yeah anything with Hypers is pretty much a flop there is rather large graveyard threads about it in a few other forums (GREAT sticks till they bite the dust...and its a matter of when not if it seems)

alot of ppl have been thru 2-3 RMA's using sticks with hyper ic's

Duke

Back