• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I recover old stats ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
guys, Ive been a member since 2009, but I was on hiatus for a long time unfortunately
Id like to restart now, but I cant seem to reclaim my ID, its there (ZL1) but instead it just lets me register a new ZL1, now it could be that back in 2009 we didnt have accounts ? I dont recall to be honest
any ideas ? its not a huge deal, but if I could, I would for history' sake

TIA

Dan

Go to the FAQ, they cover this in several bullet items, both in the top bunch, and in the lower bunch of bullets.

There are ways of getting your ID back - maybe. :p
http://boincstats.com/en/page/faq

From just one of the FAQ entries on this:
Why do I have duplicate/split accounts in the BOINC combined stats?

The cause of this is the CPID, Cross Project IDentifier. Every project assigns a new user a CPID. It is partly based on the email address you used to sign up, the other part is random.

The CPID is used by BOINCstats to identify a user across projects.

Whenever you sign up with a new project, you'll get a new account on BOINCstats because the CPID is new.

What to do to make sure you'll end up with one BOINCstats account:

Use the exact same email address for every project.
Run at least one system with all projects, or one system with project A and B, and one system with project B and C. If there is a project that runs isolated from the other projects, its CPID with never line up.

When you join a new project, this project assigns you a new CPID. This CPID can either change to the same CPID as the other projects, or the other projects change (one by one) to the new CPID.

It is impossible for me to manually edit your accounts to create one account. It would take to much time too do this for everyone. Just wait a while, and your accounts will line up automatically.

One last thing, which is not too important, but nice for the stats: use the same username across projects, otherwise you get a username like 'Al Bundy @ SAH / Al Bundy @ Predictor / A. Bundy @ CPDN'.

And coincidentally, I have this exact problem, right now - a "dopelganger" Adak!

I've run in 4 or 5 BOINC projects over the years, and was given a different ID by BOINC or Boinc Combined, when I changed email addresses on the newer one's.

So to fix it:

I'll run a little of each project again, on one machine.
I'll go into each project: SETI, Rosetta, World Community Grid, Test4Theory, and change my email address, so they're all updated to the same one.

What makes it possible (I believe), is that I still know my password for every project - so I don't need it to be sent to me. That wouldn't work because half the projects would send the password to an email account I no longer have.

Let's see if it will work. Here's my current listings in BOINC Combined:
AdaksDopelganger.PNG

And this is another point by the BOINC Combined FAQ:
I used different email addresses with different projects.

This could be a problem. The email address is part of the algorithm to match a user across projects. If the email address differs, you might have two BOINCstats accounts that won't merge.

This can only be solved by going to all projects and make sure the same email address is used for all projects.

Last edited:
so basically it comes down to email :( which I cant access
the password I should have known though .. very odd

I have gone through all my BOINC projects, and BOINC itself, and changed my email address to the new (same) one.

The first day, I gained everything back into one "Adak" account, except SETI. It still has a second Adak account, for that project, only. I may have changed this one too late in the day to be corrected.

I've also run a little bit of every project, on just one PC, as BOINC Combined recommended. Day two of the "Doppelganger hunt", coming up! :D

[Edit]
And today, I was joined back together, into a single account again! It's not every day you get a million plus points of credit in a single day!! :clap:

AdaksDopelgangerGone.PNG

Last edited:
sadly I cant do any of it :(( no email access

sadly I cant do any of it :(( no email access

If you tried everything in the BOINC Stats (both sections) of the FAQ, then that's all I know about. There is a couple ID strings for each BOINC user however. There is a BOINC forum, and they should be able to give you the most authoritative help on whether those ID strings could be used in some way to merge them together.

I see yes, you have almost 6 Million.

Were you able to recover your old project BOINC password or words?

Back