• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sorta confused, is RAC just running average of how many points the team puts out per day? Like 5k RAC means 5000 points averaged over the past X days? If so, anyone know how long the time period is?

I'm sorta confused, is RAC just running average of how many points the team puts out per day? Like 5k RAC means 5000 points averaged over the past X days? If so, anyone know how long the time period is?

RAC is actually a complicated forumula (it's nerdy as all get out). It looks at the points you've earned in the last 14 days and averages the credits you earn, according to the time (in seconds no less), that you earned them.

How's this:
Each time new Credit granted, the following function is used to update the Recent Average Credit of the Computer, Participant, or Team: RAC(new) = RAC(old)*d(t) + (1-d(t))*credit(new)
Where d(t) is the decay function, and t is the time (in seconds) since the last Recent Average Credit recalculation.

d(t) = e^(-ln(2)*t / 604800*)
The Recent Average Credit for any Computer, Participant, or Team is calculated every time that Credit is added to that object.

Note: Also, the Recent Average Credit number is updated when Credit is granted after the Result has passed Validation, not when a Result is returned. This is true for all current Projects with the exception of Climateprediction

*604,800 is the number of seconds in 7 days.

It's practically nerd heaven!! :p :p :p

That's why it takes 2 or 3 weeks for your RAC to reach it's "true" level. All your credits count, of course, regardless of your RAC, so no worries, however! :D

Last edited:
After a couple of days testing, my systems seem good so I'll get my E4300 and E8400 online later tonight.

BTW, setting my FAH GPU2 priority to "slightly higher" and leaving RAH core usage at 100% had no impact on my FAH ppd, at least on my ATI card. RAH takes forever (like 11 hours or so) to complete on m E2200 but it's nice to know RAH and FAH can play nice together.

Good to know, Surfpunk! :)

We are now 89,000 credits behind the Stinky Feet Fleet.

Yes, but it isn't in synch with Rosetta's stats - seems to be 1 day behind. The stats you need for this, is BOINC's stats.

The url for BOINC stats is:
http://boincstats.com/stats/team_stats.php?pr=rosetta&st=0&or=&co=

According to them, we earned 17,000+ credits, yesterday - our biggest day ever.

So even with just a few people kicking in, we're almost at stinky feet's level of production? I tried installing BOINC but it locked up, I'll put more time into it if it'll help. What's a 4ghz dual core worth in daily points?

So even with just a few people kicking in, we're almost at stinky feet's level of production? I tried installing BOINC but it locked up, I'll put more time into it if it'll help. What's a 4ghz dual core worth in daily points?

The Stinky Feet Fleet has had 31,000+ points of RAC, so we need at least 40,000 RAC to really "sink" their boats. We're gaining, but it's not enough.

Right now, we have less than half of that 40,000 RAC. :eek:

So we really need all the assistance we can get.

BOINC locked up??

Your firewall or security software may be up a bit high. BOINC runs EVERYWHERE, and I've never heard of it locking up. What version did you d/l?

Maybe you were trying to run some other software, and BOINC couldn't get enough memory or cpu cycles?

Oh, I believe I see the problem - your overclock is very high. Perhaps too unstable for BOINC? I've had BOINC on 5 computers, and none has ever locked up running it - never.

An overclocked dual core can expect 1,500 - 3,000 credits (points) per day, if it's able to crunch full-time.

See if you can get it to work, ratbuddy. :)

Distance to The Pirate Fleet's rubber duckies: 84,000 credits
We are now 4,000 credits closer to The Stinky Feet Fleet. :beer: or :soda:

***Our Current RAC: 7,000+ (up from 3,000+)
*Their Current RAC: 21,000+ (down from 32,000+)

Our newest member is: Skender Buqaj :welcome: Skender! :)

Reminder: we need a RAC of about 40,000 to pass and stay well ahead of, the Stinky Feet Fleet.

Please, don't think we don't need everyone. We only have 29 active folders, and despite a 1 day surge, we continue to fall behind Stinky Feet Fleet, some days.

Last edited:
The Stinky Feet Fleet has had 31,000+ points of RAC, so we need at least 40,000 RAC to really "sink" their boats. We're gaining, but it's not enough.

Right now, we have less than half of that 40,000 RAC. :eek:

So we really need all the assistance we can get.

BOINC locked up??

Your firewall or security software may be up a bit high. BOINC runs EVERYWHERE, and I've never heard of it locking up. What version did you d/l?

Maybe you were trying to run some other software, and BOINC couldn't get enough memory or cpu cycles?

Oh, I believe I see the problem - your overclock is very high. Perhaps too unstable for BOINC? I've had BOINC on 5 computers, and none has ever locked up running it - never.

An overclocked dual core can expect 1,500 - 3,000 credits (points) per day, if it's able to crunch full-time.

See if you can get it to work, ratbuddy. :)

I'll try again tonight. It looked like a software glitch to me, or maybe a server problem. I think I did get the BOINC thing to work a little, but it said 'no work available' or something like that. I tried at stock clocks too, same behavior. And 4ghz on this chip isn't a very high OC :santa:

edit: Does BOINC have a GPU client yet?

I'll try again tonight. It looked like a software glitch to me, or maybe a server problem. I think I did get the BOINC thing to work a little, but it said 'no work available' or something like that. I tried at stock clocks too, same behavior. And 4ghz on this chip isn't a very high OC :santa:

edit: Does BOINC have a GPU client yet?

When you first get BOINC going, your request is put into a queue for work, based on your preferences. Earlier this week (Sunday & Monday, I believe), the assignment server got far behind, and lots of people were left without any new work, (or very little new work), including me. :(

That's very unusual for Rosetta, but it happens, and they do recommend you set your preferences so you hold an extra 5 days of work, just in case.

Your o/c speed was not the problem I thought it was, from your description.

FAH is definitely on the cutting edge for dc projects using the power of the GPU. I believe the trend will continue to grow, but it does require extra programming, and adds extra complexity, to the client program. I spent some time reading through the Rosetta board, and haven't seen that topic, at all yet.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
you know i have been looking for that option to hold x number of days. i cant find it and im using the newest bionic client.

you know i have been looking for that option to hold x number of days. i cant find it and im using the newest bionic client.

Open BOINC Manager. Click on the "Tasks" tab, and "Your Preferences" button, taking you to your account website. Look on the left hand side for a bold section called "Preferences", then for the link called "Computing Preferences", and click on it.

Again, look on the left hand side for a Bold font section called "Network Usage". Second line down is "Maintain enough work for an additional" (number) "days".

To edit that number, go to the bottom of the Network Usage section and click on the "Edit Preferences" link. Finally, the editable fields will show up so you can adjust the (number) of days of work you want BOINC to maintain.

Back